sirsloop

where are you all shooting rifle in NJ?

do you have to be a member to shoot there?

Yes Sir...unless your guested in. $400 one time fee +$245 for the annual. Definetly worth it if you live up that way. I was guested in on my last carbine sale and the place is "Very Nice"... 24hr indoor,outdoor,pistol,rifle,skeet,trap,archery and most of all 25 upto 300 yrds.

Yeah... so really all you're getting is the ability to shoot 300yrds there. For that cost I'd rather buy ammo and rent lanes, where I don't have to feel compelled to attend meetings, work hours, pay for unworked hours, clean up, etc etc. I can shoot trap at old bridge or mallards in Jamesburg. I see the benefits if joining a club, but at their current price point its grossly indulgent. I was at a CRRC meeting and they had like 25k in the bank sittin around... paying people for landscaping and stuff. I'm sure old bridge has even more cash layin around!

Are any of the ranges on Range road (ft dix) open to the public? Looked all military when I was down there. Last time I was down I got invited to shoot pics of a demo day for the army! Very fun day!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 544564660_7Z227-L.jpg

Yeah... so really all you're getting is the ability to shoot 300yrds there. For that cost I'd rather buy ammo and rent lanes, where I don't have to feel compelled to attend meetings, work hours, pay for unworked hours, clean up, etc etc. I can shoot trap at old bridge or mallards in Jamesburg. I see the benefits if joining a club, but at their current price point its grossly indulgent. I was at a CRRC meeting and they had like 25k in the bank sittin around... paying people for landscaping and stuff. I'm sure old bridge has even more cash layin around!

O K.... :think:

Range 14 is the civilian range at Ft Dix. There are some other Range 14 threads, so, just do a search and there is plenty of info available already. I've found that its my range of preference, and I like the drive out there myself.

do you have to be a member to shoot there?

Yes Sir...unless your guested in. $400 one time fee +$245 for the annual. Definetly worth it if you live up that way. I was guested in on my last carbine sale and the place is "Very Nice"... 24hr indoor,outdoor,pistol,rifle,skeet,trap,archery and most of all 25 upto 300 yrds.

Wow, $645 just to get started. This compared with Ft Dix's $60 annual and $3 per session seems a bit...high. No indoor facilities at Dix, but still.

However I suppose if you get your money's worth then that's all that matters.

I shoot at Monmouth County pistol & rifle club.Small place 100 & 50 yard rifle,

25-15-7 yard pistol and 1 trap station.I think I paid less than $200 to join than $107 per year.Located near Allaire airport off Rt.34. Nice and quiet during the day on weekdays.

Dave

I shoot about 50 times a year (once a week)at Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club. Two hundred fifty dollar annual dues divided by 50 equals $5.00 per visit. Amortize the $400.00 capital improvement fee on joining over just two years and that comes out to only another $4.00 per visit. I can shoot pistol or 22 rifle indoors 24/7, rifle, shotgun or pistol from 25 to 300 yards sunup to sundown 7 days a week. If you want you can take a year to pay half of the $400.00 also. On joining you need minimum $20.33 per month prorated dues plus tax and $200.00 for the capital improvement fee. The remaining is due quarterly. If joining July 2010 the initial outlay would be $125.00 dues, $8.75 sales tax and $200.00 capital improvement fee. Total of $333.75. Zero due per use. How much are those rental lanes again?

Meetings and work parties are strictly voluntary!If you attend just 4 meetings in a year you get $50.00 off your dues. If you volunteer for work detail and accumulate 10 hours during the year another $50.00 off your dues. Sign up a new member and guess what, another $50.00 off your dues. All of a sudden your next year dues are only $100.00. Not a bad deal.

There is never a wait for a spot to shoot. There are no "range nazis" There are 5 skeet and trap fields with remote automatic throwers available every day. When the pits are back in operation, in a couple of weeks, I will have the ability to shoot however I want on my own personal range (first come owns the range ). Oh, it only costs me about $5.00 per trip did I mention that?

As far as 25k sitting in the bank, its more like 1.25 million. So far this year we have spent about five hundred thousand on improvements and maintenance and will schedule more large projects in a few more years as the treasury builds. Lead cleanup and range maintenance is a perpetual ongoing job.

The "current price point" is cheaper than most commercial indoor ranges for membership and value! Maybe you should rethink it.

I would be happy to show anyone around the club and let you decide for yourself. If you are a "shooter" and use a range often, it pays to join.

Running a range is not cheap. if a range had only $25k sitting in the bank, i would be afraid. Monthly costs run around $25k/month.

Most decent sized ranges cost between $250k and $400k per year to run... between the lights, the property taxes, cleanups, etc.

I am really looking at CJRPC. It's close to me and with shooting rifles and handguns, it's looking like it will be a lot of fun.

Bryan I will be going there this weekend if you want to check it out. Not sure if it's gonna be Sat. or Sun. Let me know, as I think it's a great place to shoot.

I shoot about 50 times a year (once a week)at Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club. Two hundred fifty dollar annual dues divided by 50 equals $5.00 per visit. Amortize the $400.00 capital improvement fee on joining over just two years and that comes out to only another $4.00 per visit. I can shoot pistol or 22 rifle indoors 24/7, rifle, shotgun or pistol from 25 to 300 yards sunup to sundown 7 days a week. If you want you can take a year to pay half of the $400.00 also. On joining you need minimum $20.33 per month prorated dues plus tax and $200.00 for the capital improvement fee. The remaining is due quarterly. If joining July 2010 the initial outlay would be $125.00 dues, $8.75 sales tax and $200.00 capital improvement fee. Total of $333.75. Zero due per use. How much are those rental lanes again?

Meetings and work parties are strictly voluntary!If you attend just 4 meetings in a year you get $50.00 off your dues. If you volunteer for work detail and accumulate 10 hours during the year another $50.00 off your dues. Sign up a new member and guess what, another $50.00 off your dues. All of a sudden your next year dues are only $100.00. Not a bad deal.

There is never a wait for a spot to shoot. There are no "range nazis" There are 5 skeet and trap fields with remote automatic throwers available every day. When the pits are back in operation, in a couple of weeks, I will have the ability to shoot however I want on my own personal range (first come owns the range ). Oh, it only costs me about $5.00 per trip did I mention that?

As far as 25k sitting in the bank, its more like 1.25 million. So far this year we have spent about five hundred thousand on improvements and maintenance and will schedule more large projects in a few more years as the treasury builds. Lead cleanup and range maintenance is a perpetual ongoing job.

The "current price point" is cheaper than most commercial indoor ranges for membership and value! Maybe you should rethink it.

I would be happy to show anyone around the club and let you decide for yourself. If you are a "shooter" and use a range often, it pays to join.

Actually I think we've already crested $750K this year, and about $600K IIRC just two years ago for the Indoor range rebuild, The repaved roads, new security system, now the beconstructed pits, that are going to DOUBLE the number of pits available to use.. We've spent a buttload of money the last 5 years, and most of it has been getting AHEAD of EPA with lead remediation, and cleanup so we dont get surprised down the line. Are there issues?? of course, but all in all I am QUITE happy with my CJ membership.

Sounds like a good place to shoot. I'd really like to see the place.

I'd be interested in seeing the club. Apparently there was an issue a while back where JCP&L lineman were working a tower near the range and heard rounds going by them. I work for JCP&L and was having a conversation with the head of safety, I brought up the fact that I was interested in joining a rifle/pistol club. There was a JCP&L internal investigation about the linemen and the rounds going by them. He spoke to someone at the club and rectified the problem. He was given a tour of the facility, he was very impressed with the facility and suggested I check it out.

:text-+1: HotD*mn... thats what I'm talking bout NJJim...break it down! The place was Nice..if I didnt live so far I would definetly join!

The place was Nice..if I didnt live so far I would definetly join!

So how far is Range 14 for you? I don't know where in Cherry Hill you live but, a quick Mapquest query puts Cherry Hill about 40 miles from CJRPC. Probably not a great ride but most times should be less than an hour.

where I don't have to feel compelled to attend meetings, work hours, pay for unworked hours, clean up, etc etc.

There is no requirement at CJRPC to attend meetings, contribute work hours, or do anything but pay your dues and shoot and clean up after yourself. If you come to 4 meetings $50 gets knocked off your dues. So many work hours and you get so much knocked off your dues. Recruit new members and get $50 a piece knocked off your dues. I believe there is no limit of the dues credit for recruiting new members. After the initial startup costs (not that high when I joined) you can have no dues if you work at it a little.