Sign in to follow this  
JimmyAGR

Powder type

Hey Guys,

As many who have responded to my questions I would like to say thank you. I am getting the Lyman's reloading manual for Father's Day on Sunday. I have picked out all my reloading equipment, (Dillon 550) etc., just waiting on pricing from Vinny of Hunting World. So as I was reading up on reloading I decided to look for bullets, primers and powder. I want to load 5.56 and .308 to mil spec rounds. 77 gr for AR and 175 for .308.

So my next question, large primers for .308 and small for 5.56 correct?

Does anyone know what type of powders are used in the MK262 77gr. for 5.56 and M118 175gr. for .308?

I was looking at Natchez and they seem to have good prices on Sierra bullets and CCI primers, are ther other places to look?

Thanks again for all the help.

Order them local when you can.

problem with primers online is $20 hazmat fee.

Go to Gene solomon in Farmingdale. he has powders and primers.

why load to milspec though?

Why not load to your rifle?

Hi Maksim,

I was trying to get as close to possible to milspec, as I have an SPR for an AR, 18" ss barrel modeled after the MK12, and a Remington bolt in .308 barreled after the M24. Being new to reloading (not having the equipment yet) I figured the Gov't spec for those rounds should be close to optimal for those rifles. After I get used to reloading I plan on experimenting, but for now I was going to go the tried and true method. I used Black Hills as close to what was made to mil spec to sight in, but damn is it expensive for loaded BH ammo.

Where is Gene in Farmingdale? Is he open on Saturdays?

Gene has the best price on powders and primers.

Powder yes. Primers... no, not anymore, unless you are only buying 1k primers.

At the same time, Cheyenne now has a full line of reloading stuff, bullets and all. Primers were between $32 and $34/k, however they were in stock.

Gene Salomon's address

142 Yellowbrook Rd Farmingdale NJ 07727

Wed & Fri 6:30 PM - 9PM

Sun 1PM - 4PM

Wolfy is this a store or is this out of his house? Do I need to call first? Thanks for the info. I got the 49th Lymann"s book today.

Makes reloading sound so simple, LOL.