Just bought a handgun last week from a Store...i am looking to get another...but have to wait 30 days which of course sucks :evil:

can i purchase through a private transfer within those 30 days in NJ or i still have to wait the 30 days?

I was just thinking since there is no NICS check it would be okay

A copy of the pistol purchase permit will be sent back to the issuing PD and a copy goes to the state Police even for a private sale. So they'll know if you made more than one transfer within 30 days.

They technically can't trace it through NICS since they're required by law to expunge the NICS record in 48 hours if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't risk anything in NJ. Just wait the 30 days.

Just bought a handgun last week from a Store...i am looking to get another...but have to wait 30 days which of course sucks :evil:

can i purchase through a private transfer within those 30 days in NJ or i still have to wait the 30 days?

I was just thinking since there is no NICS check it would be okay

Nope. Not okay. As a law abiding gun owner, it's your responsibility to obey OGAM. Trying to find a way to circumvent the law, even as ridiculous and useless as it is, doesn't reflect well on the community as a whole.

Just suck it up and start counting the days.

Nothing is stopping you from purchasing the firearm, you just cannot take possession of it. If you buy it from a dealer with a range, I am sure you can keep it there till the 30 days are up, or arrange visiting hours with your gun at your FFL.

By possession I mean doing the paperwork to put it in your name. For instance I have 2 firearms people are holding for me until I get permits and 30 days after.

yeah i hear ya..just going to wait my 30 days

What are you shopping for, and what did you already get?

I getting a carry gun for the one i am waiting on

I just bought a Beretta NEOs .22 plinker the other day since i was still up in the air on the carry gun...but i shot one the other day and now i am sure of the one i want...and now someone from another site is selling one that i want lol :doh:

I wasnt wild about the LCP because i thought the grip wouldnt feel good when i shot it...but i wound up shooting it and loved the damn thing

I also have a Sig 9mm and XD 40

Anyone can get approved. Or shall I say WILL be approved. There is no reason to deny anyone BECAUSE one has to be approved FIRST through the permit process. The P2Ps will be issued and held until the SP-015 is returned to the PD approved.

Anyone can get approved. Or shall I say WILL be approved. There is no reason to deny anyone BECAUSE one has to be approved FIRST through the permit process. The P2Ps will be issued and held until the SP-015 is returned to the PD approved.

So we check the collector box? and under the "reason" we put "because I want to".. ?

I thought you needed a justifiable need, like the ccw permit?

So we check the collector box? and under the "reason" we put "because I want to".. ?

Basically, YES. But be creative, i.e. hard to find, limited supply, discontinued, discounted price, etc.

Say if I already have P2P, can I submit these 2 forms and get permission? Do I send these to my local PD or NJSP? I hope the turn around is fast so my permits don't expire :lol:

How long ago since your last acquisition? With only two permits, you might be better off waiting the 30 days for each. The issuing authority retains the permits and sends in the forms, so you are relying on 2 government agencies to do a simple task. What do you think the turn around time might be? :roll:

Say if I already have P2P, can I submit these 2 forms and get permission? Do I send these to my local PD or NJSP? I hope the turn around is fast so my permits don't expire :lol:

How long ago since your last acquisition? With only two permits, you might be better off waiting the 30 days for each. The issuing authority retains the permits and sends in the forms, so you are relying on 2 government agencies to do a simple task. What do you think the turn around time might be? :roll:

I have 2 left and got an extension on 4/15. I suppose at this point one will just go to waste. I doubt they'll get them back to me before 7/15. Might as well apply for new ones.

Can I apply for exemption when I apply for new P2P? It seems like they require that you know in advance exactly what I am getting including serial numbers.

Can I apply for exemption when I apply for new P2P? It seems like they require that you know in advance exactly what I am getting including serial numbers.

You may do so at the same time, HOWEVER, the SP-015 and SP-016 won't be sent to the NJSP until your permits are ready to be issued. And YES, you need to know what firearms you are purchasing, including serial numbers.