Don't Tread On Me

Explain your avatar

Thought it would be cool to have a thread where people can explain there avatar.

What it means... how it came to be.... etc.

I know there are a few interesting ones floating around kenw's monkey comes to mind.

I'll start: Mine is the Goliad Flag, used as a symbol during the Texas Revolution. It means "I'd rather cut off my own arm than live under Tyranny"

Your turn...

I have a folder that I store a bunch of images in, and just keep changing depending on my mood. My favorites are Jessica Rabbit and Betty Boop in a thong with guns, but I have a couple of Elmer Fudds, a flag-painted nude, Aldous Huxley, Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove, a Giger image, and a bunch of others.

I just keep rotating them around. I like the change. I'm just an avatar whore.

The monkey is one of those Japanese monkeys that live around high altitude hot springs, and the irony of a monkey enjoying a hot tub while I'm toiling away at work amuses me.

I love little stewie. =) I have a few I keep rotating. Other ones I used were the NJGF favicon, and obama/stalin, which is obama's face placed on a famous Stalin painting.

We need a MaoBama profile picture.

chairman_Maobama.jpg

3370157966_4fd0c01592_o.jpg

Yes - it's in use. I don't believe anyone hear needs an explanation.

I was shooting with the S&W 22A at the Bullet Hole at about 7-10 yards. I was using different ammo to see what was working best and when I brought in my target I thought to myself, "Damn that's a nice group." I rolled it up, brought it home, snapped a few pictures, shrunk it down, and there it is. :D

Mine is from the artwork of Iron Maidens matter of life and death album. It is their recurring character Eddie from the mind of artist Derrik Riggs, he did the majority of their artwork. In case you haven't put 2+2 together yet that is also how my user name was put together, Maiden (Iron Maiden), Eddie, maideneddie.

I am a die hard Maiden fan, and to anyone who knows, UP THE IRONS!

Pc LOAD LETTER... WTF DOES THAT MEAN???

One of my favorite avatars and favorite movies!

Mine is my XD45 tactical with a laserlite side rail, Streamlight TLR1 and laserlite Kabar pistol knife (no longer setup this way, not functional uder fire).