Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Ammo shipping question (Kind of strange)

Hey guys, weird question regarding shipping ammo to NJ - The reason I ask is because when you ship to my home address I don't have a doorman so I have to pick it up from the truck and walk 10 blocks to my building which is a pain when ammo is heavy - SO - I have a UPS Store mailbox under my business name, is it legal to 1.) ship ammo to a mailbox store where they would be signing for it and holding it for me and 2.) ship ammo to a business (since the mailbox is under the business name) ? Thanks -

This also depends on who ships it.

for instance, I had cabela's ship ammo, and it was just dropped off. I had AIM ship and it was dropped off and signed for by coworker. Lastly, Graf's shipped via Fedex ground, and required adult over 21 signature. They missed me, so I had to go pick it up from fedex.

There are no restrictions on shipping ammo, I get it shipped to myself at the UPS Store all the time.

The law says it's ok, Midway says no to shipping ammo to NJ. Now that's strange. I bought some mags on sale and added 5 boxes of ammo to the cart. Got the message that because of NJ laws, they won't ship ammo to us.

Midway says no to shipping ammo to NJ

You can't blame Midway. There is nothing illegal about shipping ammo to NJ but many companies are reluctant to ship anything firearm related to NJ because of NJ's cockeyed laws which are always open to the NJ AG's interpretation.

If you remember recently CMP was told they can't ship rifles directly to the purchaser in NJ. CMP and it's predcessors had been doing this for about 100 years and for at least the past 30 under present NJ law. All of a sudden the new AG felt she was the only one who interpreted the law correctly and now CMP has to ship to an FFL. This was just about an overnight thing and wasn't publicized in NJ let alone evry other state.

When did CMP get told that they were not allowed to ship to NJ anymore? ****, that was going to be my next purchase.

They can still ship to NJ, they just can no longer ship directly to the purchaser. As with any other firearm purchase, it must now go through an FFL, meaning you incur the extra transfer and NICS fees. Afterall, this IS New Jersey. :x

Adios,

Pizza Bob