I've heard some bad things about the chiappa, but a buddy of mine at work is going to pick one up and I went with the GSG. Then we'll get together and compare. I know the Chiappa shoots well but alot of that is probably due to the fixed barrell. I think the GSG is more authentic to the 1911 style So i went with that one. I was also turned off by the fact that the Chiappa is made our of "Chiappalloy"... I mean really???? They wont list what its actually made of????

I dunno..if i find out i'll let you know. They were the only ones to have the GSG in stock anywhere, shipping was good. No tax.. gave them the address of my FFL and its on the way.

Good reviews on the Chiappa. It now comes in different configurations.

What other configurations, Paul? Very interested. I see you have one on your site, have it in stock or have to order it?

-Scott

6 Different Colors and Configs

I have the black in stock.

What other configurations, Paul? Very interested. I see you have one on your site, have it in stock or have to order it?

-Scott

How much for the black? I am currently trying to decide on a 22 pistol. Awaiting pistol permits from the PD.

-Scott

Would you be able to order the Olive Drab Slide and Black Frame / Model: 1911-22?

In transit from wisconsin... so i'll get it monday most likely. I will let you guys know then. I have seen the Chiappa in person on a few occasions, i will let you know my opinion on the eyeball test first and how it shoots later when I get a chance to take it to the range.

Anyone seen the GSG-1911 in stock anywhere? I'd like to fondle it before buying one.

--Daniel

Ill let you fondle the one I bought when i get it if you let me fondle that woman in your avatar

Take a number pal & get in line. :naughty: I wish I had fondling privileges with her too. :mrgreen: Sadly though I don't. However, she charges $250 per hour for studio modeling, $375 an hour for on-site work and nude shots are $1,000 per hour because she doesn't want to get paid to be nekkid.

She posed nekkid with several of my SIGs once...but that was after she killed most of a bottle of Stoli by herself. I've been told that I'm a dead man 3x over if I ever show those pics to anyone. :shock:

--Daniel

In transit from wisconsin... so i'll get it monday most likely. I will let you guys know then. I have seen the Chiappa in person on a few occasions, i will let you know my opinion on the eyeball test first and how it shoots later when I get a chance to take it to the range.

Eagerly anticipating first thoughts and range report

I just saw one in person at cheyenne mountain. not bad actually, the frame and magazines are top notch. the slide felt a bit cheap. overall nice fit and finish for a $325 gun. The finish was not amazing on the frame, where it looked like a bit of paint was not cured properly.

I just got mine.. def passes the eyeball test. You will be disapointed if you are expecting an Ed Brown, but for 283.20 I'm very happy with the way it looks and feels. It has more in common with a 1911 then the Chiappa does. I'll see how reliable it is if I get out to the range on saturday and let you know. You'll have to wait until tomorrow for pics.

Is it heavy and solid?

It doesn't seem toy like does it?

Does it seem nicely constructed?

Sorry for all the questions but I got one coming as well

1. Yes

2. No

3. Its german made

The two things that stand out as cheap are the grips (easily changed upgraded) and the sights which are plastic. I didnt take a close look but i noticed that they included 2 front blade replacements, they maybe of different heights however.

The cases comes with the manual, 2 cleaning brushes, tools neccesary for disassembly and they even throw in a lock for the case.