Why arent you guess comfortable with it? Think the frame cant handle swapping back n forth?

-Scott

I have no data to back this up, just an opinion, it would just worry me that they can produce the entire gun, sell it for a profit to the manufacturer and the seller all for under $300 that still has the same quality frame as one supporting .45

My girlfriend bought this GSG last week, and I shot it today for the first time. I like it a lot the way it is, and wouldn't change anything.

With regard to conversions, I think it makes sense for someone with a .45 to buy a .22 conversions to save money at the range, but not the other way around. To each his/her own, but the .22 is built to handle those particular rounds.

Update on this gun and barrel bushing issue:

I was shooting my girlfriends GSG 1911 .22 yesterday while she was test firing a Baretta 9mm when, take a guess.......that's right, the barrel bushing, recoil spring and every other part in that area of the gun flew down range. RO called a cease fire and retrieved the parts. The barrel bushing was broken. ATI is aware of the issue and made new parts, including a barrel bushing made out of stronger metal. If your gun is registered, call them and they will send you the new parts. Don't wait until this happens to you, if you have the gun, call them and get the upgraded parts. It's a shame as the gun fires beautifully.

Yank: If I had to guess, I'd say probably around 750 rds. (more or less) since she purchased it in July.

I just got off the phone with ATI and told them what happened. The girl said "Oh, you must have one with the old bushing." Seems that they were well aware of this issue and are now sending upgraded parts to buyers. They're sending the upgraded bushing as well as new recoil spring (not that it needs one but good to have a spare), recoil plug and rubber washer. She said that parts will be shipped today or tomorrow. I'll write a follow up when they arrive.

• Like 1

Received the parts, including the new bushing today. The new bushing seems to be made out of material that is a lot stronger than the old one. I'll install it when I get home from work tonight and hopefully have time to go to the range tomorrow and shoot it. Time will tell.

But once again, I would suggest that anyone that has this gun call them and ask for the new parts. They are well aware of this issue.

Gun was shooting fine until last week when a live round became stuck in the chamber. Took stripping the gun down to clear it. In all fairness, could've been the ammo.

If this gun didn't shoot so damn well, we would be more pissed off. Outside of the issues discussed, it's a fun gun to shoot, and very accurate. Bought my NIB Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target model the same week she bought the GSG. The Ruger costs $270 plus NICS & Tax and has been dead on for a couple thousand rounds. Only issue has been the sights drifting. Some blue loctite fixed that issue.

Ok guys i've been MIA ( lots of $hit going on ) but i'm back and ready to review the GSG .22 after puting several thousand rounds through it. I love this gun, have not have anything happen besides having the slide not lock open after emptying a clip. I think it is an ammo issue. I've switched to only using CCI mini mags and the problems seem to have disappeared.

-I was not aware of the bushing issue so I will have to check on that.

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS IF THEY ARE CONSIDERING BUYING OR SHOOTING THIS WEAPON.

WHEN REASSEMBLING THE GUN, MAKE SURE YOU INSERT THE SPRING CORRECTLY AS THE SPRING HAS A TAPER TO IT. IF YOU BEND THE SPRING OVER ON ITSELF YOU WILL SEE ONE SIDE IS WIDER THAN THE OTHER. MAKE SURE YOU INSERT THE WIDE EDGE INTO THE CAP. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN HAVE A MAJOR JAM UP WHICH. I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN ON MY FRIENDS GSG, WITH A LIVE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER, WE COULD NOT MOVE THE SLIDE AND HAD TO DISASSEMBLE THE GUN TO REMOVE THE SLIDE AND ROUND.

I must have been lucky to always put the gun back together properly without even realizing that that could be a major issue!!!