TonyJ

Question on -CENTRAL JERSEY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

I've belonged to CJRPC for a few years. Undoubtedly one of the best ranges in NJ. Specifics about their ranges:

1. 300 yd high power rifle, centerfir erfile only

2. 200 yd multi-purpose, anything you want to shoot

There have been issue about rounds going over the berm there so there are rules regarding target height relative to shooting position on these two ranges. Not as complicated as it sounds

3. Trap and Skeet, I don't do it but you just need to checked out on the equipment before you can.

4. Indoor pistol range, open 24/7

5. Pits, these are under renovation but basically 50-75 yd, shoot anything except centerfire rifle. This is where I shoot the most.

6. Archery range and shotgun patterning range.

7. Outdoor pistol range set up more for the bulleye shooters.

Naturally it gets a bit crowded on weekends. Being retired I usually go during the week. Simple rules not hard to comply with. Every weekend there is some type of match.

Fantastic place to shoot. I have never seen it crowded. Always plenty of shooting lanes, both indoor and out. I go once a week, sometimes more. Everybody that I met there is always friendly (funny how shooters and motorcyclists are always friendly) and helpful. I've only been a member for 4 months, but highly recommend it. First year is a little costly, but I think worth it.

copied what GRIZ wrote...

Tell GRIZ to get his facts straight. :)

Fromhttp://www.cjrpc.org/index.cfm?wpid=14

"HIGH POWER (300 METER) RIFLE RANGE RULES

1. ALL GENERAL RANGE AND SAFETY RULES APPLY.

1. All firearms brought to or removed from the firing line must be cased or boxed.

2. All shooting is to be done from the firing line. The firing line is the red painted line on the down range side of the concrete pad. Minimum firing distance is fifty (50) yards except for ORGANIZED AND SUPERVISED matches and events approved by the Board of Directors.

3. The shooting of any caliber in excess of .45 (except black powder which is limited to .70 caliber or less) is not permitted without prior approval of the Board of Directors. Shotguns (10 gauge or smaller) with shot up to and including buckshot or balls or slugs are permitted.

4. Handgun shooting is not permitted on the high power rifle range with out the prior approval of the Board of Directors.

5. Paper or metal targets only are permitted. Glass, masonry products, cans, jugs, clay "birds" or anything else IS NOT A PERMITTED TARGET.

6. Targets and temporary target holders, brass (including 22 rimfire) and other trash are to be removed from the range when shooting is finished. Unexpended ammunition is not to be left on club property. All brass is to be removed from the concrete surface, including .22 RF. Shooting benches are not to be removed and are to be returned if moved from under the covered firing line.

7. Eye and ear protection is required and ear protection is strongly recommended for shooters and observers."

I'm thinking about joining the club.Looking on the website it looks like a great place.

Any members on board who can give me their reviews of the facility and ranges.

Any input is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

<!-- m -->http://www.cjrpc.com/index.cfm?wpid=17<!-- m -->

You wanna go and check it out in person let me know.

It's TERRIBLE! DON'T JOIN! There's CREEPY whackos that come out of the woods and MOLEST the Deer! You will be forced to join the COMMUNIST PARTY,and SACRIFICE your FIRST GUN at the Altar Of Obama! Hillary Clinton regularly shows up PLASTERED and HITS on EVERYBODY! :icon_e_biggrin:

• Like 1

I am not a member, but I shoot there in steel pistol competitions. The place is great. Most of the people I shoot with are members, who are all fantastic. I would join, but may be moving after Feb so I dont want to waste the $650 if I do move. The outdoor pistol ranges are nice. No magnums or rifles on the indoor range

How is Central Jersey these days? I'm looking to join a range club and this is high on my list based on location and facilities...is it crowded on weekends? Is it still a great place to shoot?

Yes its still a great place to shoot. I dont really shoot on the weekends but during the week there is hardly anyone there, and I have never had more than one other person shooting at the indoor range when I have been there.

Several times I have gone on a weekday afternoon and been the only person at the entire place.

Be aware that dues are now $300/yr and the capital contribution fee is now $600. You can reduce your dues by volunteering, attending meetings, or signing up new members. My dues were only $100 this year.