nunan0219

glock model 22 .40 price

i'm lookin at sellin my glock with ~1500 rounds through it, and a hogue grip. gun was cleaned after every range trip, i'm lookin at getting a mossberg 12 ga. for the house instead of my glock.

my question is how much would it be worth?

i'd also probably sell it along with 2k rounds of american eagle forty cal.

I still havea few posts before i'm allowed to post. already tried that with my ammo.

Get into a question and answer....which you started on this post.

Any particular reason why you prefer a 12ga over a handgun?(see, that's called bait)

Well id love to keep the glock, but I know I could get a decent amt of money for it bc its in great shape. The shotty to me is more appropriate bc I have four dogs that I keep off leash in my backyard, and. There have been a few bear sightings recently. Just don't think my .40 would b able to help me protect them against a pissed off momma bear

Is that G22 Gen 3 or 4?

I do have a mean looking pistol grip Mossberg 12GA I could consider in trade + some money coming to you. PM me if interested.

its a gen 3, with a streamlight tlr-2 i think. the one without the laser

I am not too keen on getting another light/laser because I already have few extra!

In any case, I didn't know they have a TLR-2 without laser ... what's the exact model # you have?

And what's estimated condition and the price you want to sell the Glock?

You can easily get a mossboerg 12ga for $200 range and keep the .40. My buddy just shot a mag full of .40 into a bear in PA, to get him off his property. The bear has come back but he left when he was getting tagged.

Most of the 40 loads are too light (i.e. 155-165grain, 180 grain) and are meant to expand more than penetrate. That is no good on a bear. For wild animals, penetration is king. You want 200 grain (or more) hardcast @ > 1000fps. That is a bear load. It will penetrate, will not expand, and is hard enough to break bones.

That is why 40S&W isn't mentioned much for bear defence. 10mm, 41mag, 44mag, 454 casull, superloaded 45Colt are better for this effort. The fact that 10mm is the only one of these that can be shot out of an ordinary autoloader is one of the reasons for its popularity.