Sign in to follow this  
remingtonman1108

WHAT TO DO....

I am looking for a subcompact pistol. I love the glocks and ruger LCP

problem is they are totally different types of guns.

if i were to get a glock sub i dont even know what cal to get. I have a 9mm sig and 40 xd already...not sure if i want the same cal as those or to get something totally new like a 10mm or 45. how does the 10mm glock 29 feel compared to a 45 acp? never shot a 10mm but it might be what i am looking for since i kinda wanna go bigger then a 9mm or 40 s&w.

I like the lcp alot but i dont know if i want to get it since i have never fired one before and not sure how it feels when firing. dont wanna get it and hate it and have to sell it and apply for permits all over again

i have 1 permit remaining.

Also, you probably know this already, but a "subcompact" .45ACP or 10mm Glock is not the same size as a subcompact 9mm or .40 Glock... it's closer to the size of a Glock 19 (compact 9mm). It may also have a thicker grip depending on the model, if it's a slim frame version, etc. Depending on your reasons for wanting a subcompact, you may not like it as much as you think... try and shoot one first.

Also, you probably know this already, but a "subcompact" .45ACP or 10mm Glock is not the same size as a subcompact 9mm or .40 Glock... it's closer to the size of a Glock 19 (compact 9mm). It may also have a thicker grip depending on the model, if it's a slim frame version, etc. Depending on your reasons for wanting a subcompact, you may not like it as much as you think... try and shoot one first.

i did know they are bigger but i didnt know they were that much bigger...i am going to have to go and rent one and see how it feels.

i want a sub to carry around my property that wont weigh me down and i carry in PA FL and OHIO often so i am looking for a small gun instead of me carrying my full size or compact guns like i do now

The subcompact / mouse guns are not necessarily very fun to shoot. There is (generally) a great deal of recoil. The sights are often rudimentary, and the magazine capacity is not very large.

Don't get me wrong - these guns have a necessary purpose, but if you want to shoot a 357, and enjoy the experience, a S&W 686 is much more comfortable than a Ruger LCR...

GLOCK G26. Durable, 9mm(not to be sneezed at and handles +P), Very controlable.

Two things to consider #1 controlability and shot placement and #2 an adaquate caliber.

Just my 2 cents!!!

While I am a bit of a Glock fan boy, I'd have to agree w/ the above. I have 2 G19's and a G17. I had an occassion to shoot someones G26 at the range. Having never shot the gun before, I was quite astonished at how easy it was to control during recoil. I would go so far as to say, the recoil was like the G19......dare I say maybe ever smoother. I think this is due to the dual recoil spring setup the G26 uses. I think I gave the owner of that pistol somewhat of an eye opener. He was not shooting the pistol too well and I think was doubting the capability of the pistol in terms of accuracy. I put 5 shots into 1.5" at 10 yards or so. I think he realized he needs to practice.

I was on an M&P kick for a bit. I have an M&P40 and was thinking of getting an M&P9C. I've come to the conclusion that the Glocks work better for me. The G26 is my next pistol...............then a G21SF............then a Gen4 G19.

Two things to consider #1 controlability and shot placement and #2 an adaquate caliber.

Just my 2 cents!!!

While I am a bit of a Glock fan boy, I'd have to agree w/ the above. I have 2 G19's and a G17. I had an occassion to shoot someones G26 at the range. Having never shot the gun before, I was quite astonished at how easy it was to control during recoil. I would go so far as to say, the recoil was like the G19......dare I say maybe ever smoother. I think this is due to the dual recoil spring setup the G26 uses. I think I gave the owner of that pistol somewhat of an eye opener. He was not shooting the pistol too well and I think was doubting the capability of the pistol in terms of accuracy. I put 5 shots into 1.5" at 10 yards or so. I think he realized he needs to practice.

I was on an M&P kick for a bit. I have an M&P40 and was thinking of getting an M&P9C. I've come to the conclusion that the Glocks work better for me. The G26 is my next pistol...............then a G21SF............then a Gen4 G19.

i have shot a glock 26 and loved it...just not sure i want another 9mm since i have a 9mm already thats the only thing keeping me from it

Just my 2 cents!!!

i have shot a glock 26 and loved it...just not sure i want another 9mm since i have a 9mm already thats the only thing keeping me from it

Gotcha!!! I've fired a G30 once and really really liked it. It's about the same size as a G19, but wider. Looking down the slide (especially on a G20/G21) gives one the sense of looking down a flight deck of an aircraft carrier. Maybe check out a Kahr. They have a .45 that looks interesting...relatively small and thin. Me personally, I'm not really a fan of .40. Everyone once in a while, I'll buy a .40 pistol and then think, why did I do that? I like 9mm and .45, but .45 is pretty pricey these days. Possibly a micro 1911 in .45?

IMO a Glock 26 (or even a 19, which a lot of guys and some gals can easily carry and conceal in a good holster) is an entirely different gun than a Sig in 9mm, unless the sig in question is a P239 (which I say is smaller than a G19... a certain other poster disagrees with me on that point... and they're still quite different to shoot). Yes they are the same caliber, but that's just less calibers to buy and keep around (or reload if you reload or may in the future). I vote G26 or 27... you can also keep a G19/23 mag as a backup mag if capacity concerns you. Glock 36 or 30SF's might interest you if you want a .45... but they are roughly the size of a G19 (still concealable for many... check out the CompTac MTac holsters or a Crossbreed holster for that).

Also, if you like having different calibers, keep in mind some .40's can easily be converted to .357sig with just a barrel and magazine swap... this is true for Glocks and (at least) many Sigs, not sure about XD's. That might be another way to increase your shooting options with fewer purchases.

If your looking for something for CCW, buy what you can shoot well. A well placed 9mm shot is far preferable to a missed or marginal .45ACP. If you can shoot a small .45 just as well then get one! Not to be discouraging, but many shooters find the smaller stuff to be more difficult to shoot well, and larger calibers only amplify the problem.

Glock 33 (357Auto)

This. :)

Eeeesh.... I don't know. A buddy of mine is an LEO in Edgewater and they were using the G32 (G19 sized 357 Sig). Definitely felt some zing and blast when shooting it. He bought a G26 as a BUG. Didn't want to get the G33 as he thought the recoil and blast were a bit much. Also, Edgewater has transitioned to the G21 and have ditched the G32's.