bulpup

It just burns me up...

Took a friend shooting and he liked it so much he applied for a FID. He did what I told him, to apply for 2 pistol permits. I explained to him that they expire in 90 days and that, let's just say, one gets destroyed. Forget buying two pistols. Maybe you will, maybe you won't etc etc... Just apply for two. He agreed with the logic.

He gets there and the "clerk" tells him, "you can only buy one so there is no use getting two permits" - so the 'clerk' CHANGES THE APPLICATION TO SAY ONLY ONE. :facepalm: (<--man this gets a lot of use here)

He said, "what was I going to do, argue?" I am happy he started the process, but jeez already.

This is getting very old, we are letting them do it to us at this point..we need to learn to speak out and stop letting other people run our lives the way they think it should be, they are not lawmakers they need to obey the law.

You can call the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit and tell them what happened. They will either call the person directly or they might ask you to go back to the PD and tell the person to either give you the proper number of permit applications or call him to tell him why while you are standing there. The guy I last talked to was rather annoyed that the PD was limiting the number of permits and was clear that they had no authority to do so. In addition, he told me that they sent a letter to every PD in NJ telling them that they could not limit the number of permits when OGAM first was passed.

(609) 882-2000 ext 6619

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/divorg/inve ... -unit.html

I call them on occasion. Although they answer the phone like they are about to rip your head off, they are actually quite helpful.

LAWSUIT!

Easy to say and easy to win but would you really want to go through a few thousand dollars and at least several months to win...the second permit?

You can call the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit and tell them what happened.

This seems like a much less expensive and time consuming method to get the same result.

This is getting very old, we are letting them do it to us at this point..we need to learn to speak out and stop letting other people run our lives the way they think it should be, they are not lawmakers they need to obey the law.

Isn't it though? All the people here that know exctly what to do. I even told this guy "if they ask you to fill out anything other than these forms you should refuse." I explained the while thing to him and how they people I dealt with didn't know the law at all and if he had any questions to call me.

Then he tells me this. The point of this is that for all my coaching he went into the big bad PD and he thought that they had him by the balls. Afterwards I was pissed off for him and kind of "at" him. All he could say was "yea what you're saying makes sense but what could I do?"

GAHH!

You can call the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit and tell them what happened. They will either call the person directly or they might ask you to go back to the PD and tell the person to either give you the proper number of permit applications or call him to tell him why while you are standing there. The guy I last talked to was rather annoyed that the PD was limiting the number of permits and was clear that they had no authority to do so. In addition, he told me that they sent a letter to every PD in NJ telling them that they could not limit the number of permits when OGAM first was passed.

(609) 882-2000 ext 6619

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/divorg/inve ... -unit.html

I call them on occasion. Although they answer the phone like they are about to rip your head off, they are actually quite helpful.

I am going to pass this along. thanks.