montecristo345

MSAR STG-556 reviews

I would have to agree with Shane on this one. If you want the MSAR, pay the extra hundred or two more and get the E4 version. Aside from taking standard AR mags, it also benefits from correction of the initial STG problems. RatWorx has the NY legal model E4.

What would constitute an NJ legal MSAR... I was kind of hoping to get an E4 with a PWS FSC556 instead of the MSAR muzzle device. How might i go about doing that, would it need to be pinned like on an ar or what?

I'm told by a dealer the STG/E4 rifles are legal in NJ. I believe it is because technically the grip is not a "pistol grip" because it has that forward guard attachment, and the nature of the placement on a bullpup rifle. Technically it is a very large thumbhole stock , which is legal in NJ. Hence, the "evil rifle" feature you can have is the threaded barrel/flash hider.

I would still get the flashider replaced with a permanently attached muzzle brake just to be on the safe side.

"Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

My Chrystal ball says MSAR will not survive. That is all I will say....."

Well, I couldnt publically say back then but it looks like it has finally come about. 2/3rds of the way down the page. This is one of the main reasons I warned against the MSAR....

http://bkinformation.com/Admin/get_state_filings.cfm?State=North%20Carolina&AddedDate=%7Bts%20'2011-02-10%2022%3A19%3A30'%7D

MSAR really dropped the ball here. They finally got the prices down to where they needed to be for the STG and E4, but by that time their name brand reputation was completely tarnished, along with all the financial trouble FUD. I've always wanted an AUG style gun, and now I have one. I also have the Ratworx hybrid bolt that takes AR extractors, and a spare parts kit. I'm prepared for when parts will be far and few between.

Everyone wants to see Ratworx buy up the assets and run with the ball. They have a great reputation and could probably pull it off, but then comes the $$$ needed along with a big gamble on demand. Most people who wanted an EBR and never happened to get one in the past, already picked one up during the Obama-scare.