Sign in to follow this  
s8n

Handgun permit pink copy

I keep a color photocopies of my Pink forms In my range bag. If I plan on shooting pistols, my range bag is always with me and I never need to worry about forgetting them.

It's a permit to PURCHASE not to posess.

As long as you are transporting the handgun legally there is no official need to have it. And if you are doing something illegal and get caught your screwed wheter you have it or not.

For example if you lived in PA, legally bought a handgin in PA and then moved to NJ. You legally have the gun in NJ even though there is no purchase permit, nevermind a pink copy.

That being said, since NJ gun laws are so convoluted and confusing where the only way to get an answer is through a case by case determination from a judge, I carry a copy in my range bag just in case.

When I read over the statutes, I did not find any language indicating that you have to have the pink copies. However, I always carry mine in a plastic sheet protector when I go to the range. In one instance, it's a good thing I did.

Many police officers are not aware of the laws and mistakenly believe that the pink copies are required for possession or transport.

Just in case, I also keep electronic copies on my computer (I have a scanner).