Old School

What is the most desireable GLOCK???

I have 3 permits in process. I'll, in all probability, wind up using 1. It will probably be a Glock. In the last 1.5 years, I've bought and sold an XD45 Tactical, XD9Tactical, and bought and am now selling, an M&P40 w/ Apex sear and trigger job. Neither the XD or the M&P work for me. Other than some flavor of P30, SigE2 P226/9 (both pistols I'm VERY interested in, but they are going to be more money than I want to spend. Glocks are the only other pistol I'm itching for. So, I find myself in a dilemma that' similar to the question asked here.

I currently have a 2nd Gen 17 that I bought used and came w/ a trigger job. Also have a 2nd gen G19 and a 3rd Gen G19 (Austrian proofed :mrgreen: ). I've owned and sold a Gen3 G22.

G26 - For me, the G26 is really high up there. I'm already stocking 9mm Glocks, and this would be a great compliment. Also, the smallest pistols I own are the G19, HK P7 and Walther P5. None of which are really that CCW worthy. I'd like to have A pistol I could comfortably use for that purpose. I shot one at the Bullet Hole not that long ago and shot a pretty tight group w/ it. Very surprised at the recoil. It was as, if not better, in it's pulse as compared to a G19. Lightly snappy w/out much muzzle flip. Nice combo for repeat hits. Yeah, this one is high on my list.

4th Gen G19 - I REALLY like the G19. Everything I'm reading about the new one is gravy to my ears. I've held a Gen4 G22 and immediately noticed the improved (for me) grip w/ the smaller frame. I've read numerous reviews that praised it's controllability when shooting fast. A lot of folks are mentioning improved accuracy over previous Gen's. Some folks have theorized that the slide barrel lockup in better on the Gen4's. But.... I already have 2 and there is something to be said about variety.

4th Gen G23 - I've shot my buddy's Gen 2 G23 quite a bit, and while I've learned to deal better w/ the snappy recoil it provides, I'm nowhere near as comfy on it as the G19. I understand the Gen4 has somewhat less recoil than earlier versions. I wouldn't mind having a Gen4 G19 sized .40 if I could control it well.

G21SF - My only experience w/ a .45 Glock was a rented G30 in Las Vegas. I was really surprised how controllable it was and how accurate I was shooting it. I credit this pistol w/ giving me desire to try another Glock after not liking and selling my 1st Glock, a Gen3 G22. I've held a G21SF in Ramsey Outdoor, and while it was large, it was much better fit for me than the standard G21. I have a USP45F that is also large in the grip. Holding the G21SF reminded me of the girth of the USP. I find I shoot better w/ chunky fat grips. And come on....... it's a .45.

G35 - Always really liked this pistol, although I've never fired one. I had the opportunity to shoot a G24C and shot the best group of my life w/ it. A one hole 3/4" for 5 rounds at 15 yards, witnessed. Even though I really didn't gel w/ the G22 I owned, dry firing a G35 in a gunstore left me w/ the impression that A.) I could keep the sights steadier than the G22 and B.) the longslide/barrel would probably make shooting this thing a joy. I've shot the G34 and it underwhelmed me w/ it's very wimpy feel in recoil. The slide felt it like it was lubed in molasses in recoil and took forever to get back to battery. I always thought the more pronounced recoil of the .40 would make a better balance w/ the longer slide/barrel. Only downside here is, AFAIK, Glock has no plans to do a Gen4 version.

G30SF - As mentioned above, after renting one and putting 100 rounds through, I fell in love w/ this chunky monkey. It holds like a brick, but it shoots really well. Recoil control was better than my buddy's USP45C and SA Champion, and felt less snappy that these pistols as well. Within 3, 5 round strings, I was making 2" groups at 15 yards and had a few that were a bit smaller. The downside to this thing is, unless you just like smaller .45's, it looks too thick to comfortably carry. For HD, I would be using the G21SF before the G30SF.

G20SF - If I was of the mind to try something different, this would be it. I like the feel of the G21SF frame and 15 rounds of 10mm....uber Zombie shooter.

Gen4 G22 - While not high on my list, I've held one at the Bullet Hole and REALLY liked the feel of the new grip (one of my chief complaints of the Gen3). I always liked the idea of a 15 round .40 pistol. I understand the snappy recoil has been abated a bit w/ the new recoil spring setup. I'd be very curious to shoot one.

The 357Sig and 45GAP models, I have no desire for. I've shot a G34 and it felt like driving a Corvette w/ only 6 cyclinders running. I like the G17 wayyyy better. The G27 would probably be a little brute to shoot.