Sign in to follow this  
bulpup

A plea, for a newbie

Not to trample on the OP thread, but I too would like to go out with a seasoned veteran.

Not a newbie shooter but have never hunted before. Actually, not too much experience with shotgun for that matter. Need someone to give me advice on my hunting shotgun purchase & other aspects.

Not to trample on the OP thread, but I too would like to go out with a seasoned veteran.

Not a newbie shooter but have never hunted before. Actually, not too much experience with shotgun for that matter. Need someone to give me advice on my hunting shotgun purchase & other aspects.

Bulpup bought a combo Mossberg from Dick's Sporing Goods for like $350. It included a slug barrel and regular barrel. He mounted a scope to it and we sighted it in on Sunday.

Just say it was dead in the road when you found it and your going to take it home to eat it, if anyone asks.

IIRC, you have to go to the local police department and fill out a form claiming the road kill.

I remember reading somewhere that you may have to surrender the antlers if they ask. (could have been pa law on the antler part)

Bulpup bought a combo Mossberg from Dick's Sporing Goods for like $350. It included a slug barrel and regular barrel. He mounted a scope to it and we sighted it in on Sunday.

The combo came with the scope too, a 4x. It is my first shotgun and it is meant to hunt.

But if youhaven't signed up for a class yet, you need to. They are filling up fast.

Recommended Hunting Etiquette IIRC, not necessarily the law

True. The classes never state it as such and I am not trying to make any point other than relay what I read (I just did all the online classes WOO HOO!). They merely say that carrying a deer, or any other 'harversted game" in such a way offends people and that in turn causes fellow hunters and hunting grief, in the long run.

BTW, I have my basic class coming up on the 21st at Black River WMA. Anyone else going to be there?

You should change it to the 15th at clinton WMA. Im instructing shotgun for that class 8-)

Ah, if only I could reschedule. I'd love to, if only to wrangle a ride on your little steam loco!

If it wasn't for the smell I'd blast a kitten and tie it to the grill of my car with the paws stretched out. Then again if I did it during Christmas season the temperature should be low enough to slow the rate of decay. :think:

That would be fine....as long as you stick the tounge back in.

So all the kittens got together and pushed a deer in front of my car on my way to work this morning. I guess they wanted me to put the deer on my car grill instead of them. I guess I need a shotgun and some slugs. When does deer season start?

Just say it was dead in the road when you found it and your going to take it home to eat it, if anyone asks.

IIRC, you have to go to the local police department and fill out a form claiming the road kill.

I remember reading somewhere that you may have to surrender the antlers if they ask. (could have been pa law on the antler part)

Yep, you need a permit to pick up road kill for sure. I am unsure about antlers, though.