Matt

Finally convinced the girlfriend to come to the range...

Came out to Cherry Ridge yesterday (sorry guys I didn't see the group there, I was at the pistol range around noon, but I didn't look around for you guys because I figured she already had enough on her plate shooting for the first time and trying to learn the ropes). Started her off with the P226 22lr and she actually did really well, she actually asked me to move the target further away! I dont know if she will ever come back with me but I think she had some fun at least -

range.jpg

Nice. You shoulda came and found us. At around noon we were at the Rifle range.

If I was by myself I definitely would have tracked you guys down but she was already in a full panic about touching a gun for the first time I figured I wouldn't force her to meet a while bunch of new people on the same day :lol:

rule # 1, its always easier to ask for forgiveness, then for permission.

I woulda had her meet everybody, this way she will be more inclined to come to the range.

I was afraid RayRay would kidnap her, i've heard he has a thing for asians :shock: :shock: :shock:

One of the most effective ways, at least in my experience, to draw my wife (and newbie female shooters in general) to the range is a combination of the right gun, caliber and target with the latter being more important than the former. Reactive targets like tennis balls and spinners are much more engaging than paper or even plate steel. Good on ya for getting her out there though!

^^^

+1 on the target comment, new shooters love the plinking range.

I actually took her over there at the end of the day right before we left to shoot my 10/22 but we were ready to leave and she couldn't hit any of the targets so we ended up getting out of there after a couple of magazines

I was afraid RayRay would kidnap her, i've heard he has a thing for asians :shock: :shock: :shock:

Come on dude. I hope your kidding. Yeah, I like my Asians but I ain't a perv.

btw, you know I'm married with a 2 year old right?

Anyway, you should've stopped by!

Come on dude. I hope your kidding. Yeah, I like my Asians but I ain't a perv.

btw, you know I'm married with a 2 year old right?

Anyway, you should've stopped by!

Of course im kidding! just breaking you balls, next time I will stop by for sure

"Finally convinced the girlfriend to come to the range"

That can really be a bad thing...

If she likes it -

1) You cant go out and play with your toys

2) You cant be with the boys and talk gun stuff

3) She will always want to come with you to the range when you just want to de-stress by yourself

4) She will know what you have in your safe & monitor what you spend & on your new purchases. Oh honey I always had that.

5) You cant use going to the range as an excuse of getting out of the house

"Finally convinced the girlfriend to come to the range"

That can really be a bad thing...

If she likes it -

1) You cant go out and play with your toys

2) You cant be with the boys and talk gun stuff

3) She will always want to come with you to the range when you just want to de-stress by yourself

4) She will know what you have in your safe & monitor what you spend & on your new purchases. Oh honey I always had that.

5) You cant use going to the range as an excuse of getting out of the house

6) Not tonight Honey, I've got to go to the range*.

*used to be *I've got a headache*.

If someone breaks to the house I know she is capable if inserting a mag into the Taurus, racking the slide, and blowing their effing brain to pieces. Worth having her know whats up with the ammo stash :D

My wife promised to learn how to shoot pistol for my bday... range day should be coming up soon I think!