petros600

7.62x25 --as low as $80.01 if you get three cases!

I think you're mistaking a Tokarev for a Makarov. Tokarevs are most commonly found in Romanian, Russian, Polish and Yugoslavian manufacture.

that said, i think the one in the pic is romanian due to the cocking serrations.

Tokarev's were manufactured in many eastern block countries, including East Germany ...

Sure they did. :doh: :facepalm: i suppose they made them on the production lines right next to the lugers and p38's, right? :lol:

:hand: Riiiiiiiiight!! This is one source ... and there are others, but you can look that up when you don't feel like you "know it all". :snooty:

:hand: Riiiiiiiiight!! This is one source ... and there are others, but you can look that up when you don't feel like you "know it all". :snooty:

Random generic "answer" websites with dubious credibility, anonymous editing and no references are hardly an authority in my eyes. In all my reading and searching for my TT collection, i've never found any discussion of a german manufactured Tokarev pistol like the EG Suhl Makarov's. OTOH, there was plenty of capturing and reuse on the battlefield and if enough similar resources were amassed, reclassification and reissue would be employed. But of course, this is wholly different than explicit manufacture especially since capture/reissue can be either negative (RC mausers) or positive (Finn M39).

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=19790

Random generic "answer" websites with dubious credibility, anonymous editing and no references are hardly an authority in my eyes. In all my reading and searching for my TT collection, i've never found any discussion of a german manufactured Tokarev pistol like the EG Suhl Makarov's. OTOH, there was plenty of capturing and reuse on the battlefield and if enough similar resources were amassed, reclassification and reissue would be employed. But of course, this is wholly different than explicit manufacture especially since capture/reissue can be either negative (RC mausers) or positive (Finn M39).

So, a gun board thread now qualifies for credibility in your eyes? I think you are upset because you didn't like my comment in some other post. Google foo doesn't make anyone an expert on firearms history, so I will just let it go at that.

I trust gun forums more than those answer sites. Most of the answer sites, people just want to post an answer... and it is quite tough to get it corrected.

On a discussion forum, the right answer is easier to find.

But enough with the "google doesnt make you an expert." This is like the 5th time hearing it and it is no longer fun.

However I dont believe there ever was an east german tt.

So, a gun board thread now qualifies for credibility in your eyes? I think you are upset because you didn't like my comment in some other post. Google foo doesn't make anyone an expert on firearms history, so I will just let it go at that.

Ok, Maks, you have a right to your opinion as to what sites you trust and so do I. Everyone has an opinion and I stated that Google search doesn't make one an expert, and you are objecting to that?

Sorry to OP for thread hi-jack ...

Back to topic: If anyone has bought the ammo in bulk and wants to sell some, I am interested in buying 500 rounds! Please PM me with asking price and your location.

when you say $160 for a "Case", do you mean 1 individual tin or a wood pallet of 2 tins and which country of manufacture? Currently JG and Copes are selling individual polish tins for a little over $100 per tin *Delivered* so depending, you either got a deal or grossly overpaid. If its the former, i'd be interested in a link to the site.

when you say $160 for a "Case", do you mean 1 individual tin or a wood pallet of 2 tins and which country of manufacture? Currently JG and Copes are selling individual polish tins for a little over $100 per tin *Delivered* so depending, you either got a deal or grossly overpaid. If its the former, i'd be interested in a link to the site.

Of course, I got 2 tin cans for $160 delivered! 880 rounds Russian. The Armory.