Sign in to follow this  
robot_hell

Dry lubing mags?

So, I understand you shouldn't lubricate a mag due to it attracting debris and potentially killing ammo primers, but what about dry lubricating with graphite powder? I'm thinking of picking some up for my cheaper mags that seem to get hung up and cause failures to feed.

Mags only require a wipe down with lubricant inside and outside. You don't need to "keep mags lubed" for them to work You don't want any lube, wet or dry, inside your mags. Lubricant on ammo can raise pressures and bring about other unwanted events.

Cheaper mags that "sometimes get hung up" are a poor investment. Buy factory or quality aftermarket mags only.

Cheaper mags that "sometimes get hung up" are a poor investment. Buy factory or quality aftermarket mags only.

I discovered this firsthand at the 2x4 shoot at CR last weekend. I sort of expected it, but what I didn't expect was for my factory Springfield mags to double-feed occasionally.