ah141nj

SCFGPA forum meet

Hi Guys,

It seems that are several forum members that are also SCFGPA members or want to be members.

How about a regular meet up there? Weekly, bi-monthly or even monthly? It would be a good way of meeting fellow NJGF members & introducing the range to non range members.

Any interest?

You go 202 south past Wegmans, go down the hill under the bridge, hang a right, go down a couple miles and its on the left right before a sharp turn. I've shot IDPA there and Glenn and I shot at the underground 100yd range. I guess we are getting past the hot part of the year... the indoor temps are pretty brutal during the summer.

I was there with Glenn last night. I mailed my letter to be put on the waiting list today. *fingers crossed* hope they make me a member soon. it took me exactly 3 minutes to get there.. pulled out of my house 8:20pm, pulled into SCF&G lot at 8:23pm. I'm down to meet up there some weekend, since I work nights, nights is difficult for me.... I'll have to take time off from work just to attend the few mandatory meetings.

Glenn told me it's somewhere around $90, but he's a student and gets a different rate anyway. Al, perhaps you could elaborate. I'm interested in knowing for sure also. and how does the whole "work day" thing work? do you get any $ credit for it? is there an "initiation fee"?

HAHAHAAH I never got a response to my email to the either, so I was glad when some forum members told me they were members of SCF&G and Glenn was nice enough to take me there last night. Yah, I took the NRA FIRST STEPS Pistol course, so that qualifies for training. I joined the NRA 3 hours after buying my first gun a month ago ;) today I actually mailed the letter asking to be put on their waiting list.

Hunters ed counts as training, it is free, and I teach it :mrgreen: so thats the easiest.

The rates are 90-95 bucks or something. with a $40ish credit for doing 1+ workday(s), it lands you at $50-55 bucks a year. I think thats how it works. There is an initiation fee, it may be upwards of an additional $100.

not funny Glenn... I googled it, ok... I'm gonna go to Effinger's and get the video...it's free, right. and then I'll do the workbook... and go for the outing, I guess that's with you, right. I should have my shotgun by then... and I go hunt me some deer.... I'll grind it up and tell the wife it's cow HAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

So, now that the fees & training are covered....

Do you guys want to set up a meet?

I am sure Glennp would be down for a group shoot. The later you go at night, the less crowded it can be.

Members & non members are all welcome.

By the way, I do remember that the range offered the NRA First Steps class free to new members. That will qualify you for training & meet the membership requirements.

The work day is really no big deal. 9- 12, maybe 1. Nothing usually major. Housekeeping & maintenance mostly.

I'm down for a meet. I'm sure I can sneak away for an hour even during my busy weekends. I've been dying to take my dad to shoot. they come visit every other Sunday from Staten Island. I might leave that for when I'm actually a member myself. For now, I'd love to meet more guys from the forum and fire off a few rounds.