Sign in to follow this  
CageFighter

Prints = 2+ week backlog

I had to use Sagem to get my SORA (Security Officer's) Card to do side work, i had to wait almost 4 weeks for an appointment, and made the deadline by 2 days to get everything in. I'm wondering who in the statehouse is connected to Sagem, since everyone it seems has to go to them for Applicant fingerprinting..for Everything, even when the local PD USES a Sagem Machine for their prints.

I'm curious. For those that have now used Sagem Morpho, but previously were printed locally, heas the new system - even with the wait for an appointment - sped things up at all? I realize that these long wait times are strictly a product of your particular municipality and that's why I'd like to hear an apples to apples comparison. i.e. Fingerprinted by the local PD = 6 week wait / Fingerprinted by SM = 4 week wait. Guess I'm just asking if this is an improvement. In my municipality the local PD still does the prints.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Did you just check your local one only? I live in Toms River and have one right in town but it had a 3 week wait....so I checked all the others and Cherry Hill had one the next day so I took the 45 minute ride and went there. I think I had my ID and permits a week or two after I would have only had my prints done had I stayed local.

I looked ALL OVER. down south, east & west. no luck! basically earliest appt was Sept 1st, so I decided to go with the closer place, but 2 days later on Sept 3rd.

I waited about two weeks as well. I arrived an hour early for my appointment at the MorphoTrak location in Sparta... there was nobody around. The actual process took no more than 2 minutes. I don't see where the 2+ week wait comes from or how they justify the fee of $60.25. I also don't see why the task has to be outsourced to a private company.