fliks

Basilone Parade

AWESOME! I guess I'll be seeing you there for sure, then! That's the scout car you mentioned before, huh. way cool! and I know where that pic was taken! it's right by the B-water/Raritan High School...right?

he was totally a hero! I've read about him, and it's so impressive. that's why I really wanna go to the parade. I pass by his statue often, in Raritan, and I always kinda stop for a bit, give the guy some respect.

really? it used to be where the Shell station is now? too bad they knocked it down then, could've been a memorial or something. There's an overpass right after there, where Rt. 202 goes over the Somerville Circle, it's called "John Basilone Bridge" I live like a hop and a skip away from there.

ehhhh.. cool. <~ Ukraine

Fellas, when we get closer to the date, we should trade cell phone #'s, because I don't know about you, but I don't know what any of you guys look like... except for Glenn. and maybe, just maybe Maks will come through with the new t-shirts before the parade, so we can all rock the njgunforums.com shirts. Maksim!!! I know you read like every post on here! hook us up bro!!! I'm just kiddin', I'm patient, whenever you get a chance, dude.

BADA-BUMP!!!! ok, so who's going on Sunday??? a slight change in my plans for the better - my family & I (wife + 2 kids) are actually gonna be inthe parade, riding in Glenn's WWII scout car. in our conversation last night, he said that it could comfortably fit maybe 3-4 more people. Glenn asked me to extend an invitation to any other NJGF members that may want to ride the scout car in the parade! Glenn - the pic is gone, you wanna re-post it?

It was awhile ago but I had the honor of representing the New jersey National Guard in that parade as a color guard. Watching the "Pacific" really filled me in on what a hero and great American John Basilone was. My great Uncle in the 4th Marine Division was also killed on Iwo.

Thats a beautiful M3A1 Scout Car

TC