deni

Need FID to buy ammo?

I was looking at the deal on aimsurplus for the federal 9mm for 10.95/box

and read their disclaimer regarding NJ purchases

and it said that I'd need to have an FID in order to buy ammo from them(at least for the initial purchase)

is that true?

reason i ask is i was going to buy a couple of boxes to go to the range next week with a friend

and since i'm close to pa at the moment i was gonna head across the river and see if i can get some stuff cheaper on that side since i was going to stop by classic pistol or ready aim fire in the morning...

still waiting for my FID

dont buy ammo at the range there.

Go to Walmart and see if they have it in stock. Typically $8.50 or so a box of 9mm.

As far as AIM... I think they ask for FID.

Typically, you only need DL, but need FID for handgun ammo in NJ.

You are telling me if i go to PA i only pay 8.50 for a box of ammo as compare to 18.50 i paid last week for 9mm WWB....

Where in PA? I asked a cop at a Dunkin Donut today as if it is legal to buy ammo in PA and bring it to NJ he said as long as i have a valid FID card and i am able to buy the ammo legally there are no restrictions on that ,,,,,

So i guess PA here i come....

Thanks

I asked a cop at a Dunkin Donut today as if it is legal to buy ammo in PA and bring it to NJ he said as long as i have a valid FID card and i am able to buy the ammo legally there are no restrictions on that ,,,,,

First, a cop is the worst person to ask (no offense to any LEO's on here). Second, you do not need an FPID. PA does not require it to purchase (maybe a DL if it is handgun ammo - and that is store policy) and NJ does not require it to possess it - only to purchase it here. So you're GTG purchasing in PA and bringing it back here.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Agree 1

I asked a cop at a Dunkin Donut today as if it is legal to buy ammo in PA and bring it to NJ he said as long as i have a valid FID card and i am able to buy the ammo legally there are no restrictions on that ,,,,,

First, a cop is the worst person to ask (no offense to any LEO's on here). Second, you do not need an FPID. PA does not require it to purchase (maybe a DL if it is handgun ammo - and that is store policy) and NJ does not require it to possess it - only to purchase it here. So you're GTG purchasing in PA and bringing it back here.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+1

You are telling me if i go to PA i only pay 8.50 for a box of ammo as compare to 18.50 i paid last week for 9mm WWB....

Yup. I went to walmart and picked up a few 9mm WWB. $23 for the 100 round packs (which held at least 101 :D).

That was regular price. Wasn't on sale.

Take it for what your paying for it but

You need a FID to PURCHASE ammo that can be used in a handgun in NJ, not to posess it.

Kinda of like, if you move from say PA to NJ with a handgun legally acquired in PA, you do not need to do anything to posess it in NJ.

On 8/22/2010 at 7:02 AM, Pizza Bob said:

First, a cop is the worst person to ask (no offense to any LEO's on here).

Cops know as little or less about gun laws as we do. Of the dozens of cops I asked questions of I either get wrong answers or an out and out “I don’t know “. Each time I pick up a p2p at my barracks I get a different answer from each trooper at the window. It’s become a game with me now.