Ruger11

OIL !!!!

+1 for the Eezox as a protectant lube. I use it on all my milsurps that shoot corrosive after a cleaning.

I also follow the general rule that if it slides, use grease and if it rotates (or the space is too tight to apply grease), use oil. Your choice of actual product is up to you but i think that while there are some differences in products and some are measurably better than others, as long as you are fairly regular with your cleaning and lubrication, you needn't get too caught up with the "battle of the brands".

As an aside, to all those old coots that swear they dab a little Hoppe's behind the ears and hang Hoppe's soaked air fresheners in thier cars, they have clearly not had a whiff the the 21st century called Eezox!

Whats that old saying? Something like oil for lube grease for pressure?

I've used Breakfree for nearly 30 years. If you can't find it or want to pay less just get any general purpose lubricant with PTFE. If you clean your gun and put it away its still ready to go 6 months later. The PTFE is still there only the vehicle used to suspend it has evaporated.

It has become popular to use grease in many applications but the only thing I use it on is M1s as they were designed to run on grease. I use Mobil 1 grease for that because:

1. It doesn't wash off if the rifle gets wet just like lithium grease.

2. Its red so I know if its powder residue or grease on a part.

WD40 does have a place with guns but that's only if your gun got soaked, nothing displaces water better. A liberal spray of WD40 on a wet gun, followed by a good bath in Gunscrubber or Brake Kleen, followed by normal lubrication works.

Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil

seriously? for pistols? I'm gonna go buy a quart of it, that's CHEAP!

I clean with rem-oil and lube with Mobil 1. A little goes a Loooong way. $5 for a quart! I've been using this for probably 2 or 3 years now, and I haven't even gotten through a few ounces. I went to harmon and got one of those little empty 99 cent hair styling bottles with the pointy tip. I figure if its good enough for an engine with rotating parts at a few thousand RPM's and a few hundred degrees.. how could it be bad for a gun? Others might disagree.. but I picked this tip up from a guy who cleans his glock with hot water.. and he's been doing just fine.

I should be a member of Gun Lube of the Month Club. I have tried a lot of the 'em and have settled on the following:

Weapon Shield Oil for internals

TW 25 grease or Weapon Shield grease for the rails of my 1911s

Then all guns get a wipe down with EEzox.

Weapon Shield Oil is a little on the thick side and seems to lubricate very well.

TW 25 and WS grease are both very slick and stay where they are put. I use either of 'em, depending on my mood.

The Eezox goes on wet and then dries totally and leaves no film, but protects like crazy.