marabkin

Need an advice

Mark,

+1 for the Browning Buckmark. I have the standard with 5.5" barrel. It is very accurate and eats anything I feed it.

Browning offers a target model with a 7.25" barrel that looks nice (link below):

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... x-firearms

Ruger also makes a fine rimfire pistol.

Ultimately, I think you'd be best served by actually shooting 2 or 3 models to see what fits you best. You could rent or borrow to try them. If you'd like to try the Buckmark I'd be more than happy to oblige. I live down south (not sure of your location).

Joe

target? See if you can find a Smith Wesson model 41?

Or a nice target browning buckmark.

+1 on the model 41. It might be tough to find one in that price range. But, you might be able to pick up a model 46. Same exact gun made specifically for police and military pistol teams. Only difference that I can tell is plastic grips instead of wood.

Thanks to all for your advice. I did some comparative shooting and decided on Model 41. Found a used one in very good condition and left a deposit. Waiting for my Pistol Permit to come through ;-) It's should be any day now. I'll post a picture as soon as I get my 41.

Thanks again.

Mark

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new or used target pistol in .22 lr caliber. Any suggestions for a budget of $500 - $600 ?

Thanks

Mark.

I'd pick the M41 because it is current, but I don't know if you will find one for $600 around these parts. I sold mine for $850 a while ago. I like the earlier M41's. Better finish, deep rich blueing and the early S&W rear sight was better than the lousy Millett sight they tried back in the 90's. Early High Standards are equally as good, just may be tougher to find parts and magazines. Neither of these would be considered "budget guns."

Many shooters like the Browning Buckmark or Ruger auto. They are reliable and equally as accurate. They simply lack some of the out-of-the-box refinement.