jgofnj

Mossberg JIC 500 Cruiser - Is it Legal in NJ?

I can't understand why you would do that? Just do a youtube search on "shotgun to the face" and that'll let you know not to do that.

Well...

It wasn't one of my brighter moments. I wasn't intentionally holding it in front of my face. I was just trying to hold it high enough to line the sights up.

No offense to me but all this talk about scary recoil seems like many of you do not practice much. I have a Mossberg 500, wood stock, same way as the day I bought it, and have no problem doing extended sessions with slugs/buck/magnums. My wallet is hurting long before my shoulder is. Just get out there and get some practice instead of blowing your money on fancy stocks that leave you unable to use the safety. No reason you can't pump a bulk pack full of birdshot out in one session.

If anyone's a senior citizen or has shoulder injuries disregard the above.

No offense to me but all this talk about scary recoil seems like many of you do not practice much. I have a Mossberg 500, wood stock, same way as the day I bought it, and have no problem doing extended sessions with slugs/buck/magnums. My wallet is hurting long before my shoulder is. Just get out there and get some practice instead of blowing your money on fancy stocks that leave you unable to use the safety. No reason you can't pump a bulk pack full of birdshot out in one session.

I don't own a firearm that my wife can't shoot, handle, or manipulate confidently, and with accuracy. Therefore, with a 12 gauge shotgun being a practical solution for home defense (as are pistol/rifles. etc.) it would make sense to ensure she is able to fire it. This applies both to the length of pull as well as managing recoil for follow up shots. Hence why the Knoxx was a perfect solution.

So for some it is not so much scary recoil or pain, as it is properly managing a weapon to fit ones needs.

If I had the original stock on this Mossberg 500, I could do that too - I was shooting clays with bulpup's 500 with regular birdshot, his regular stock (has a rubber recoil pad on it), and the 26" barrel. But firing mine with straight plastic and no recoil pad hurt. After I get the rubber pad and put it on I'll see how bad it is.

shot skeet before I moved here with my Mossberg with a pistol grip (18 inch) and with my buddies with a pistol grip that was a 14 inch. We both did fine at it. I have to say it was exciting when the first round fired shattered the clay. We honestly thought it was going to be a lot harder. I got one right before it landed about 3 feet off the ground and about 75 meters away. Luckily every one was cheering to loud to see that I got kicked in the face on that one cause I pulled it in to tight to make the shot. No missing teeth, no blood, just a little bump.

Shotgun lesson learned #1

JonF and I were shooting slugs out of my Mossy 500 at Colliers Mills. I had thrown the pistol grip on it to test out. Needless to say I was missing everything I aimed at at 20 yards shooting from the hip. I lined it up with my face and whammo. Fat, bloody lip. At least I kept all my teeth. :oops:

I can't understand why you would do that? Just do a youtube search on "shotgun to the face" and that'll let you know not to do that.

I hadn't missed a single shot yet with any of the rifles, pistols or shotguns we were using and the only other person there that had the same record so far was a Special Forces weapons Sergeant. I wasn't going to start missing for any reason. He missed his first shot with the pistol grip shotty and I didn't pay for a single drink when we headed out that night. Understand now? ;)

I don't own a firearm that my wife can't shoot, handle, or manipulate confidently, and with accuracy. Therefore, with a 12 gauge shotgun being a practical solution for home defense (as are pistol/rifles. etc.) it would make sense to ensure she is able to fire it. This applies both to the length of pull as well as managing recoil for follow up shots. Hence why the Knoxx was a perfect solution.

So for some it is not so much scary recoil or pain, as it is properly managing a weapon to fit ones needs.

OK, then let me clarify, Women, Seniors, and those with injuries please disregard.