JHZR2

Square circle

Hi,

Reading in here I have learned of square circle range. A friend just got a membership at Hagues, but Im looking for someplace that has outdoor facilities, and this fits the bill and is relatively close. A google search didnt show much but a phone number. Anyone have any info on this club/range?

Thanks!

Myself and a few other guys here are members. It is a great club, with some small annoying rules.

First the pros:

Nice facilities, 6 acre fishing lake, good membership, strong finances, nice trap, archery, 100yr rifle ranges. Also has a nice picnic area, a walking archery range (trail shooting for 3d) and a nature trail. Great family events and one of the best clubhouses to be found anywhere. Affordable... membership is about $250 a year.

Cons:

Understandably inflexible rules, some black rifle prejudice, stringent membership process. Outdoor pistol range is 25yards ONLY. Indooor pistol range is 25yr ONLY. 100 yard rifle range is limiting for larger bore rifles.

It is a great place to belong though. Let me know if you would like a tour. Membership is closed right now, but you could prob get on a list and it will take about 8+ months to become a member.

Send me a PM.

Chris,

Square Circle has it's issues but is a nice range for the price. It all depends on what you want to shoot (and more importantly how you want to shoot). If your a bulls eye shooter or hunter you will fit in just fine. Otherwise there can be the occasional inconvenience.

So what sort of shooting are you interested in? Pistol? Rifle? etc. I would offer to be your sponsor, but I may be looking to heave anchor and head over to SJSC or possibly USANA. Even though Square Circle is 12 min from my house, sometimes the hassle is more of an annoyance.

If you want to check it out, I will most likely be heading over Sunday afternoon. Let me know. :icon_e_biggrin:

digging up an oldy/moldy... I'm not far from them and was wondering if they allow plinking ground targets outside?  I'm more of a tin-can shooter than a bullseye one.  I've been going to Ft Dix, but it's far and their hours are limited.  Plus it would be nice to shoot inside if it's bad weather, or grab my daughter and canoe and hit their pond, etc.  

Thanks in advance.

Wally

From what I hear, don't even bother. They're super restrictive on letting anyone join, or even telling people how they can become a member.

Ed from Ed's gun shop told my brother in law (Who just dropped $700 in his shop) "I don't think you'd fit in there" when he asked about joining. He was simply asking where he could shoot the gun he just bought.

Check out SJSC.

You can tin-can plink on the 50 yd range (as long as your targets are at full distance.)

The shooting houses are enclosed for year-round activity.

And besides, we have a better High Power Rifle Team (and 100-200-300yd matches) than Square Circle.

(Their indoor pistol/smallbore range is an advantage for them in the winter, especially after dark.)

From what I hear, don't even bother. They're super restrictive on letting anyone join, or even telling people how they can become a member.

Ed from Ed's gun shop told my brother in law (Who just dropped $700 in his shop) "I don't think you'd fit in there" when he asked about joining. He was simply asking where he could shoot the gun he just bought.

Sounds snobbish? :(

If going to go that far, I'll keep going to Cumberland as my buddy's guest, :) The 600yd rifle range is impressive.

Yes it is. The next 600yd matches there are the weekend of Sept 7 & 8. Open to all shooters, members and non.

IM me if you're interested in more details.

I'll be shooting both Saturday (midrange prone) and Sunday (across the course.)