Sign in to follow this  
Pew Pew Plates

how NOT to park on a railroad...

0905101822.jpg

So for our morning routine with the steam locomotive, we have to back it down this track to get to the coaling ramp. We do this every morning, and the tracks also for storage etc. It is very active. So sunday evening were dumping ash and the guy im working with goes "Hey glenn, I think we should go take coal!" and im thinking "Huh?" because we never ever do it at night and we didnt need to. Then he smirks and says look. I look back and I see this genious parked there. Of course after seeing the car there, I agreed that we should have taken coal :lol:

People are....stupid....

Its not like he didnt realize that the equiptment hangs over 2 feet(ish) from the railhead and parked a little *too* close, he parked on top of the damn rail!

I did that at the Bullethole not realizing it was an active railway. :facepalm: Stupid freight. Glenn is that New Hope?

.... did you get hit?!

No myself and about 5 other people ran out to move them after they had to call the police to get the cars moved. :whistle:

This reminds me of when I did snow-plowing at Mt Hope. There is a very particular reason why you are not to leave your car on the side of the highway during a snow storm :lol::lol: Your car vs an 80,000 pound tri-axle dump truck with a plow = no more car for you!!! People are so stupid.

So for our morning routine with the steam locomotive, we have to back it down this track to get to the coaling ramp. We do this every morning, and the tracks also for storage etc. !

Glenn, you drive a steam locomotive???

:drool: :drool: :drool:

So for our morning routine with the steam locomotive, we have to back it down this track to get to the coaling ramp. We do this every morning, and the tracks also for storage etc. !

Glenn, you drive a steam locomotive???

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Yes 8-)

NHIRR2009003.jpgmerunning.jpgmerunning3.jpg

Its right in new hope. Come ride the choo choo I'll be working friday and sunday. $40 for cab rides :dance: (no cant get freebies :( )

No freebies? what about forum member discounts??

I have been on this ride several times. Took my girlfriend on it and we had a blast. I want to try the Grapevine Express or one of the other dinner trains next time.

I get paid to drive steam engines :whistle:

Its a stupid cycle though. When im not doing it, I wanna do it. When im doing it, I hate my life. Its ball busting work and in the heat of summer its typically 135 degrees or so, your wearing long sleeves and overalls and crap, and shoveling 1-2k pounds of coal an hour plus doing all the ground work and junk as a fireman. Engineer is easier but not as easy as it looks :naughty:

VERY cool Glenn! I always ride the Strasburg RR when I go to Lancaster with my family, and it's always a great experience. I'll have to come up to New Hope sometime and ride the rails! My Grandfather used to work as a flagman for the PRSL in Pitman and Glassboro back in the day, and has passed his love for railroads/trains down to me for sure.

WOW what a rip off! Those can be had for $350-500 bucks.

Steam whistles are better though :)

You need to mount them right on the air tank (hoses or pipes constrict too much) and an 80+ gallon capacity to blow them on air but they are nicer lol. I just throw em on the loco at work

Whistles.jpg

My .22 listing photo has one in the top right corner by accident haha

DSC00701.jpg

I get paid to drive steam engines :whistle:

Its a stupid cycle though. When im not doing it, I wanna do it. When im doing it, I hate my life. Its ball busting work and in the heat of summer its typically 135 degrees or so, your wearing long sleeves and overalls and crap, and shoveling 1-2k pounds of coal an hour plus doing all the ground work and junk as a fireman. Engineer is easier but not as easy as it looks :naughty:

Don't fib. Aside from the heat you're just sitting there playing with your handle. :p

WOW what a rip off! Those can be had for $350-500 bucks.

Steam whistles are better though :)

You need to mount them right on the air tank (hoses or pipes constrict too much) and an 80+ gallon capacity to blow them on air but they are nicer lol. I just throw em on the loco at work

Whistles.jpg

how well do those work on the model trains?? :lol:

Those trains HO scale?