tuktuk

DEA tv show on SPKHD

i was watching DEA tv show on SPKHD. it was taking place in essex county. anybody watched it? in the end they arrested some kid that had over $50gz worth of weed (hydro) in his apartment. they also found Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9 mm folded that kid claimed is legally registered to his name. now there are 2 things shocked me after they found the weapon. 1st they called it a "machine gun" like a dozen times. and how lucky they are to find it, because it means this "machine gun" will not be used to gun down a cop. 2nd it had what they called a laser sight, which i think was a pointer type. the cop proudly proclaimed that it is illegal and also that kind of sight on a "machine gun" guarantees the kid 10 years in a big house. am i missing something here? i mean this is what our LEO do nowdays to make themselves look good for the cameras? why wud they lie on the national tv channel like that?

I'm glad my tax money is being used for:

- Enforcing prohibitionist laws that only serve to create an enterprise for dangerous criminals

- Making up ridiculous stories and exaggerating evidence to show off for TV cameras

I bet the kid is not even charged with machine gun possession as it's a semi-auto, it's not an "assault weapon" in NJ either as the gun itself folds (and is inoperable) not the stock, and there is certainly no law against "laser sights" in this state, and it's hilarious he'd combine it with the machine gun law, as the NFA was enacted in 1934 long before "laser sights" were on the market.

This type of behavior is very dangerous when LEO decide to make up laws and spread misinformation based on their personal thoughts/ignorance of firearms. Whatever happened with the drug crime is the crime they should be talking about (though once again, if weed was legal this doofus would not even be getting arrested for drug dealing) not spreading misinformation about the gun he had.

"machine gun"? they called it a Mac10!

He told the DEA that he's been to the range with it a few times. I problably shot with him and not even known it!

so they did call it a MAC10!?!?!? i thought im hearing things ..... imagine working as LEO for like 10 years and not knowing how MAC10 looks like? no? u cant imagine that? well then u shud have that job ....

I can imagine that. same as everyone is calling whatever AK clone that guy in LI had an "AK-47". but to call that Kel-Tec a Mac10? that's way off... but the average TV viewer wouldn't know the difference and the average LEO takes any opportunity to demonize gun owners.

They make themselves, and the DEA for that matter, look like a bunch of idiots who don't know what their talking about.

I like the episode where they had (2) unmarked cars drive down a street looking for a brown malibu...the lead car drove right passed it turned the corner waited a few seconds then called to the second car that they found it and were gunna circle back. By the time they went on the five mile drive they car was gone! :facepalm:

-Scott

Okay some defense for the DEA agents:

1st they called it a "machine gun" like a dozen times.

..... imagine working as LEO for like 10 years and not knowing how MAC10 looks like?

They are DEA agents. I would wholeheartedly agree with your comments if they were ATFE agents. If the issue was identifying some drug then I would fault the DEA agents. Their expertise is drugs not guns. MAC10s and Kel Tec Sub 2000s are not as commonly encountered on the street as many may think. I will agree that someone in DEA should have seen this edited out.

I bet the kid is not even charged with machine gun possession as it's a semi-auto, it's not an "assault weapon" in NJ either

DEA agents don't usually enforce NJ law. No he won't be charged with possession of a machine gun, that would be a 20 year add on charge to the drug offense. He will be charged with possession of a firearm during a drug felony which is a 10 year felony. This charge may carry a higher sentence than what he faces for the drugs. It could have been a single shot 22 and it would still Charging him with the drugs and firearm charges may loosen his lips a bit.

I like the episode where they had (2) unmarked cars drive down a street looking for a brown malibu...the lead car drove right passed it turned the corner waited a few seconds then called to the second car that they found it and were gunna circle back. By the time they went on the five mile drive they car was gone!

You apparently never did a surveillance. It's not as easy as many think. You can't stop right by the car you're looking for and expect the guy not to know he's being watched. I didn't see that episode but even if you are very familiar with the area it mught have required a "5 mile drive" to get back there.

things to accept....

1. it is TV. they need shock and awe.

2. they are only human.

1. Sucks for them, maybe they should have 12 DEA agents live in a big house together on camera and "see what happens when people stop being polite, and start being real" Hey, it worked good for MTV all these years. :lol:

2. IMO, a law enforcement officer routinely dealing with armed criminals should know the difference between a MAC-10 and "that's not a MAC-10" 12 year olds know more about guns than these clowns just by playing Call of Duty. No really, they do. :lol:

Seriously though, I would say most people here are more knowledgeable about different firearms than alot of the leo.

yes... really funny though, lol. :lol:

they were trying to press the guy, they were going to say anything and everything to get them to flip.

they were trying to press the guy, they were going to say anything and everything to get them to flip.

Which should be illegal. I find it highly distrurbing that the police can lie to you to trick you in an investigation, interview, or interrogation.

Yeah, yeah I know. If you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Then why are the plenty of cases of false confessions?

Which should be illegal. I find it highly distrurbing that the police can lie to you to trick you in an investigation, interview, or interrogation.

Unfortunitly, I agree.