Krdshrk

SCFGPA - 9/8/10

Thanks. I don't think it was that professional. I used 2 different cameras - 1 mini camera with lower resolution, and my digital camera. You can see it's hand-held by the shake. Plus I threw that video together after midnight last night, quickly.

Nick, super sweet video! great job! who's that ugly dude in the green t-shirt? :lol: and to think, while I was busting my a** at work, you guys were shooting guns just a few miles away :cry: I'm getting to really hate working nights ....

that PX4 looks great! and Glenn, is that your new toy I saw you shooting? very nice!

The grip is def nice. Overall the gun is lighter than my Taurus PT99, and its got a much lighter trigger pull. The trigger other than the pull weight feels very much the same... reset distance, DA/SA feel. The balance of the gun is thrown off by the composite parts on top. Not necessarily a bad thing but you notice it when you switch to a metal slide pistol.

Brand new NJGF member here - ran into this group of gun nuts (gotta love it!!) last night. Thanks for the laughs - gotta get pics of my toys up soon.

Glennp, sirsloop etc. the handgun I talked about is indeed Model 1 - except is called First Model - it is a S&W, First Model DA, in .44 - maybe .44 russian, exactly like the pic attached (pic belongs to NEACA.com) except in better shape - shinier nickel plating on all exposed parts. The pic helped me identify the handgun.

Brand new NJGF member here - ran into this group of gun nuts (gotta love it!!) last night. Thanks for the laughs - gotta get pics of my toys up soon.

Glennp, sirsloop etc. the handgun I talked about is indeed Model 1 - except is called First Model - it is a S&W, First Model DA, in .44 - maybe .44 russian, exactly like the pic attached (pic belongs to NEACA.com) except in better shape - shinier nickel plating on all exposed parts. The pic helped me identify the handgun.

Welcome, Raj! I was the Chinese guy there last night. That First Model is a classic!

Hey Raj, nice to see you found us here!

This is what I had a hunch you were talking about, seems as if I was very close (or exact, cant tell :lol: )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_and_Wesson_Model_3

Also;

"The term "Model 3" as used by the S&W factory technically refers to a frame size and not to a specific Model, so there were in reality many different specific revolver configurations in the Model 3 series that we would today call "models" (the way there are currently many different S&W K-Frame models and N-Frame models)."

Upon further research it appears as if that is what you have, a model 3, which could indeed be marked first model. But the true first model S&W in a very different revolver (google it)