ronhonda

Multi Gun Match Old Bridge NJ 10/31/10

Taken from obcats.com site;

MULTI-GUN is BACK at OB!

OK, it has been a while and we apologize for that, but your patience is about to be rewarded. We are going to have a Multi-Gun Match this year. We need some help to put this match on the ground in short notice. Match date is Sunday October 31st. This will be run just like our monthly pistol matches except there will be multi-gun stages. We will ALL build it, ALL shoot it, ALL tear it down and ALL PUT IT AWAY.

Match fee will be $40 for Old Bridge Members and $50 for non-members. There will be essentially two divisions, Tac Optic and Tac Iron. If anone wants to shoot Open or Heavy Metal or Trooper to brush up their skills, they are welcome to do so, with the understanding there probably not be sufficient participation for prizes. This will be a cash payback match.

Click here for the application. Just like our regular match, we will score with Palms and we need you to sign up in advance. You will pay on the day of the match.

Is multi-gun the same as 3-gun? Or is it just rifle & pistol?

Website does not list it, but I believe 3 gun.

I got the rifle, Ive got a Remington 1100 shotgun, but the only rifle I have is a .22. I don't think 22's are allowed in this. Anyone know?

If you go with a few more board members, bring the ammo, and I am sure someone will let you use their rifle.

Website does not list it, but I believe 3 gun.

If you go with a few more board members, bring the ammo, and I am sure someone will let you use their rifle.

Yes it is 3gun, and .22 rifles would not be allowed.

Even if you don't shoot the match, you should check it out if you can.

Bab, dont you have a Kriss?

I wish, you Pmed me bout it that time but I was new to the boards and didn't see that I had a PM. I saw the PM literally like a month later after someone sent me my second pm. Yankees I think it was. I don't know why the notification for the first never came up.

I can always beg borrow or steal one I guess. I have been looking at the cx4 storms since it would compliment my 92fs well, especially when it comes to using magazines. However I do want a good ole AR in the future. This is at the end of OCT though so I will def have the funds for an AR or the CX4 carbine by then.

Shane,

The match is a 3-gun or more properly a Multi-Gun, we shoot stages using Pistol and Rifle or Pistol and SG, we may run one SG only and one Rifle only, but the majority of the stages are 2-guns. Distances are up to 100 yards as that is all we have, but we will challenge you.

Classes are Tac Op meaning iron sights on pistol and shotgun and an optical sight on your rifle. Tac Iron is all iron sights. Open allows optic on everything, speed loaders on SG, bi=pods and multiple optics on rifle.

Trooper is where you’d have to carry all your gear no cart. No really practical at our match, but if you want to for practice for something like Ft, Benning, it might be worthwhile. Heavy Metal is a Major PF rifle, .45 pistol and pump SG.

Jim

and

We will post more info in early Oct, but probably 125 Pistol and Rifle, 75 SG each is a good start. We’ll refine the hit count later, keep in mind, all we can control is the hits, not how many rounds you need.

Jim

Guest megaman

This would be a great test of skills for those who are into "zombies"

Or 'if the **** hits the fan....

To summarize the match in a few short words; It was a challenging, frustrating, long day. All 7 stages were tough! You needed to use many different shooting positions to engage all the targets. Prone, kneeling, freestyle, sitting, and my favorite :angry: on your back shooting through a 6 inch port from the ground. The course designer was trying to simulate shooting underneath a car. That being said why did it have to be a Lambo? Anyway good match and a terribly long day. Could have been worse, at least I was not DQ'ed.

Could have been worse, at least I was not DQ'ed.

This is the match that I was more excited and been looking forward for a long time. And guess what.....I got my first DQ'ed under my belt. And hopefully it'll be the last. It happened @ Rifle and Handgun stage. While moving from one target to another, my Glock came off flying from the holster..... :thsmiley_deadhorse: DQ'ed by equipment failure/malfunction you can call it. :facepalm::icon_lol: :icon_lol: But DQ is a DQ and it's a shitty feeling. I'm just glad gun was unloaded and didn't go off.

Overall it was a fun day. Heads off to Voodoodaddy and Ronhonda.

This is the match that I was more excited and been looking forward for a long time. And guess what.....I got my first DQ'ed under my belt. And hopefully it'll be the last. It happened @ Rifle and Handgun stage. While moving from one target to another, my Glock came off flying from the holster..... :thsmiley_deadhorse: DQ'ed by equipment failure/malfunction you can call it. :facepalm::icon_lol: :icon_lol: But DQ is a DQ and it's a shitty feeling. I'm just glad gun was unloaded and didn't go off.

Whoah - what kinda holster was it? No retention?

So...cover not really to much of a consideration? I wanted to make it out to observe yesturday but... Halloween/kids, to much to do. It looks like its USPSA style with the inclusion of rifle/shotgun. Would like to see more vids if anyone has them.

Cover was not taken into consideration. yes it was basically a USPSA style match with rifle and shotgun included.