lunker

15 Round Mags for S&W M&P 15-22

Does anyone besides Black Dog Machine make non-pinned 15 round mags for AR 22's? I have my S&W factory 10 rounder that came with the gun. Even that one is a high capacity that was pinned. I prefer to use mags whose body can only accomodate 15 rounds. Pinned thirty rounders are legal, but to me they invite unnecessary scrutiny.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I believe that S&W JUST came out with shorty mags, but I believe they are 10 rounders. Regardless, I would rather have a 10 round mag in a 10 round mag body, than a 30 round mag pinned to 10 rounds.

http://www.thegunsource.com/item/386055_Smith__Wesson_High_Capacity_Magazine_MP15-22_MAG_22LR_10RD_SH.aspx

Or they are available through S&W by calling them directly at 1-800-331-0852, ext 2905.

It happ[ened at Ft. Dix. The RO asked to see the mags.

Phil at Brick Armory has asked to see some of my pinned AR mags because they were in 20 or 30 round bodoes. One of them he advised me to modify it or get rid of it since the pin could've been removed (i.e. which made it not permanently modified, as the law requires). It's not that the magazines are illegal (they're not). It's just that 30 rounders cause people to look twice. While I will stick up for myself if I am in the right, I don't welcome having fight that battle more than I have to.

Phil at Brick Armory has asked to see some of my pinned AR mags because they were in 20 or 30 round bodoes. One of them he advised me to modify it or get rid of it since the pin could've been removed (i.e. which made it not permanently modified, as the law requires). It's not that the magazines are illegal (they're not). It's just that 30 rounders cause people to look twice. While I will stick up for myself if I am in the right, I don't welcome having fight that battle more than I have to.

exactly, I don't need the extra attention to my shooting.

Scrutiny from who?

The chances of anyone who is qualified or even cares about the issue actually inquiring as to your mags is slim to none.

Seems everytime I take mine out some asshat asks if they are legal.  My answer is always, O guess you have never seen one of these before. 

Just do what I do..hand them 16rds and the mag and say..."here..you try"

I do the same thing, I hand them all my 30rd blocked mags and an ammo can full of rounds. I ask them to check for me if they are actually blocked at 15 rounds, (because "im not sure they are") just tell them to leave the rounds in the mags when they are finished loading them, while I continue shooting. This is how you trick nosey MF'ers into loading all your magazines for you. Can't believe you all haven't learned my trick yet.B)

• Like 1

I do the same thing, I hand them all my 30rd blocked mags and an ammo can full of rounds. I ask them to check for me if they are actually blocked at 15 rounds, I just tell them to leave the rounds in the mags when they are finished loading them, while I continue shooting. This is how you trick nosy MF'ers into loading all your magazines for you. Can't believe you all haven't learned my trick yet.B)

exactly...you expose the big mouth nosey j-asses for just how lazy they really are