robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

I must say, lots of Click for Photos that don't work, and Pizza Bob's jpg leads to Image Shack that want's me to join but doesn't show me his Benelli.

"I'm On The Outside Looking In"

Little 45Doll And The Imperials

4 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

I'm torn between the two.  Which one would you recommend?

Either one, just get rid of the crappy stocks and the heat shields and that dollar store optic.  

• Thanks 1

Hey all! I have a few questions for you guys. While going through this thread, I noticed a lot of you upgraded the followers. What are the reasons one would want to swap it out? I ask because i just took my 870 tactical apart for a good oiling/cleaning, and noticed the follower was plastic (the orange plastic one). Should it be upgraded to a metal one? Is there any advantages/disadvantages? Thanks in advanced! 

10 hours ago, moparman426 said:

Hey all! I have a few questions for you guys. While going through this thread, I noticed a lot of you upgraded the followers. What are the reasons one would want to swap it out? I ask because i just took my 870 tactical apart for a good oiling/cleaning, and noticed the follower was plastic (the orange plastic one). Should it be upgraded to a metal one? Is there any advantages/disadvantages? Thanks in advanced! 

Honestly, there are no advantages to "upgrading" your follower.  The only time I would suggest doing it is because:

A.  You want a hi-viz follower so you can see clearly if the gun is empty. 

B.  Your existing follower is damaged, missing or broken.

C.  Because you want to be cool, like me.

16 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Honestly, there are no advantages to "upgrading" your follower.  The only time I would suggest doing it is because:

A.  You want a hi-viz follower so you can see clearly if the gun is empty. 

B.  Your existing follower is damaged, missing or broken.

C.  Because you want to be cool, like me.

D. You want a follower you can check unloaded state with by feel. 

Also, outside of the 870, your follower may be total crap. I like my stoeger m3k, but the follower that came with it isn't even as thick as the  standard plastic 870 follower. 

• Informative 1

A literal battlefield pickup.  An older Mossberg 500ATP.  This was an import that had seen some hard use in either a prison, a squad car or something.  It was locked up, broken safety, extension tube was frozen and the barrel would not come out.   A can of gun scrubber, toothbrush and an old sock freed the action, barrel and extension tube.  A new safety was just installed and now I need a function check.   

Mossberg > Remington

All day long 

20200320_155625.jpg

20200320_155637.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

A literal battlefield pickup.  An older Mossberg 500ATP.  This was an import that had seen some hard use in either a prison, a squad car or something.  It was locked up, broken safety, extension tube was frozen and the barrel would not come out.   A can of gun scrubber, toothbrush and an old sock freed the action, barrel and extension tube.  A new safety was just installed and now I need a function check.   

Mossberg > Remington

All day long 

20200320_155625.jpg

20200320_155637.jpg

I’d like to know, but won’t ask what you did with the sock.  

31 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I’d like to know, but won’t ask what you did with the sock.  

I used it to whip down the gun.  It was white when I started and it turned black when I finished.

I emailed Mossberg for a DOB on her.  Same year as me, 1980.  We are twins.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

I had a bad vision of you wearing it on your dong, naked while working on your shotgun.  I threw up, then posted.

Get your mind out of the gutter, sicko.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:07 PM, Ray Ray said:

Mossberg > Remington

All day long 

20200320_155625.jpg

20200320_155637.jpg

These are military surplus from Malaysia

There's a big thread regarding them here

• Thanks 1