robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Which one do you use for house clearing practice at 0300??? :)

Harry

Good question Harry, very good. This persuader is an excellent room clearing shotgun. The 590A1 is more of a battle field shooty and the 870 was strictly a closet gun now. What I could do is use a 1 point sling on the 870 loaded with buck and carry the 500 loaded with Remington Home Defense birdshoot. That setup would defenitly do the job.

I'll play. Bennelli SuperNova with +2 mag extension and a Streamlight TLR-1 light with pressure switch...

supernova1.jpg

Hey Bob, I was looking at this shotgun at Caso's last week and it feels real nice. The only thing I didn't like was the slide release which was kinda anti lefty. I want to shoot that bad boy when we meet out at Fort Dix.

:facepalm:

are you kidding.... Saiga 12 > all...

no offense to anyone..

but anything capable of semi automatic 20 rounds of 12 gauge... with a folding stock.. pistol grip... muzzle device of your choice.. AK reliability.. are you serious? what is not to like..

granted it will not be in that configuration till I move.. but you get the idea.. the shotgun is fully capable IMO..

Saiga 12 in Jersey is yucky. Saiga 12 in Pennsylvania is a game changing shotty.

thats where I am going.. but I can't convert one once I get there if I don't own one.. I have sat and watched these things skyrocket in price far enough... so I bit the bullet now and purchased..

AK reliability..

I could be wrong - it's not something I've researched a lot - but, it's my understanding that they're somewhat hit or miss in that department without some modifications.

ETA: I'm still kicking myself for not buying one when they were still reasonably priced

I could be wrong - it's not something I've researched a lot - but, it's my understanding that they're somewhat hit or miss in that department without some modifications.

ETA: I'm still kicking myself for not buying one when they were still reasonably priced

out of box questionable.. but there are plenty of modified ones that run really well... it is also going to like some ammo more than others.. I will take it out and run some ammo through it and see what happens...

Sorry bro, I watched Chris's (lunker) fail on more than one occasion.

Saigas can be finicky about ammo, especially birdshot. Mine will run like a raped ape with Remington target loads. It doesn't like Winchester bulk at all. Also, they're supposed to be broken in with several hundred rounds of slug or buck.

Or he had the wrong gas setting for the ammo type which is a newbie mistake on these things. I did that during an early outing with the shotgun (using the Remington ammo). Regardless, I can rack the Saiga bolt just as fast as I can work a pump.

Here is mine. 870 tactcal express. Breacher choke, rhino rail, knoxx spec-ops recoil reducing stock, picatinny tri rail foegrip,vertical foregrip with integrated bipod,foregrip rail covers, ambi sling attackment, blackhawk storm bungee sling, and tru glo red dot sight. Next purchase are a light/laser combo and then its on to a mossberg 930 road blocker build.

2011-05-12_12-50-23_416.jpg