robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Frank, I know you were

Ray-Ray, I'm going to franks tomorrow at somepoint and he is going to put a different forend on to resolve the problem

Don't need to, cut down your existing one. It's not like your cutting a prized family heirloom.

• Like 1

04d2eb16.jpg

After the trip to Cabelas. Came back with a Breacher choke, new sling and a few boxes of Hornaday Critical Defense 00 buck.

Thanks to frank for trading fore ends so I didn't have to A) spend money on one and B) cutting a perfectly good one.

Now it's time to find a Side foldable stock for a decent price and all is good.

• Like 1

I'm going to get something with a stock on it. But the one that came with it just didn't feel right and it needs to be comfortable for me to shoot it well

The pistol grip on there now will be painful after 10 or so rounds, get a standard stock and you'll thank me later.

The pistol grip on there now will be painful after 10 or so rounds, get a standard stock and you'll thank me later.

Ray I'm going to reneg on your adoption if you keep this up...

#1 for a righty, you anchor the pistol grip to your hip w/ right hand and hold the barrel down w/ your left.

#2 It's not a skeet/trap gun

Ray I'm going to reneg on your adoption if you keep this up...

#1 for a righty, you anchor the pistol grip to your hip w/ right hand and hold the barrel down w/ your left.

#2 It's not a skeet/trap gun

He's a shotgun newb pops. Are you telling me you recommend a pistol-grip shotgun over a standard stock?

He's a shotgun newb pops. Are you telling me you recommend a pistol-grip shotgun over a standard stock?

You know that's not the case. Remember I'm Old School. I use a 20" barrel pump as a defense gun full wooden stock.

But I'm not big on tacticool but know how to use weapons I don't own or particularly like.

If I had to pick up a bashed AK in the street and had to use it I could strip it clear it and fire it. Doesn't mean I like it.

I agree with you Ray it could be abusive but in that configuration it won't be shot alot either.

I agree with you Ray it could be abusive but in that configuration it won't be shot alot either.

I see your point, but BUT I'd rather see him with a stock and learn to shoot the shotgun than put on an uncomfortable pistol grip and NEVER really shot it since it's tough on the shooter and won't be easy to use at some ranges.

What makes you think I'm a shotgun noob? I may have never owned my own shotgun until now, but I have been hunting since I was 10, although not alot anymore since my grandfather passed and I started a career. Needless to say, I have shot my fair share of shotguns and know what I like and don't like. And on the same note, i have access to plenty of long guns and shot guns to use for skeet/ trap/ hunting while I respect your opinion this gun will not be shot often and in the configuration it is in, will serve its purpose of a HD gun in a small condo space.

What makes you think I'm a shotgun noob? I may have never owned my own shotgun until now, but I have been hunting since I was 10, although not alot anymore since my grandfather passed and I started a career. Needless to say, I have shot my fair share of shotguns and know what I like and don't like. And on the same note, i have access to plenty of long guns and shot guns to use for skeet/ trap/ hunting while I respect your opinion this gun will not be shot often and in the configuration it is in, will serve its purpose of a HD gun in a small condo space.

Okay, rock it dude.

Thanks guys! It runs perfectly so far. About a 100 rounds of low recoil Federal tactical buckshot through it and no issues. Recoil doesn't seem to be any more than any other 12 gauge. I had it at the bullethole the first day I got it and I had a few guys shoot it besides me and they all loved it just as much as I did.

Thanks guys! It runs perfectly so far. About a 100 rounds of low recoil Federal tactical buckshot through it and no issues. Recoil doesn't seem to be any more than any other 12 gauge. I had it at the bullethole the first day I got it and I had a few guys shoot it besides me and they all loved it just as much as I did.

Interesting, very interesting

I've got to shoot that thing.

I'm fuzzy on this. Before buying my shotgun I read all of NJ's gun laws and I thought I remember pistol grips and barrel length being two keys issues.

Is it okay to have a pistol grip and short barrel if it never leaves the house? Do you need special certification or something? Sorry if that's a stupid question - I'm a bit of a nub here.

Threw a Houge pistol grip and fore-grip on my pardner pump 12ga

.... dont worry, i'll buy a real shot gun one day.

havent shot it in this configuration yet.

6893724895_c057a4c924_z.jpg

I can't imagine this being very comfortable to shoot, however it does look nice.

I'm fuzzy on this. Before buying my shotgun I read all of NJ's gun laws and I thought I remember pistol grips and barrel length being two keys issues.

Is it okay to have a pistol grip and short barrel if it never leaves the house? Do you need special certification or something? Sorry if that's a stupid question - I'm a bit of a nub here.

All shotguns in NJ must have an 18" or longer barrel, and be no shorter than 26" in over-all length. Pistol grips are not permitted on semi-auto shotguns, however they're good to go on a pump-action gun.

.. :).. 500 berg

Can you take a better pic of the laserlyte tri-rail? I have one on my 590A1 but I didn't know it fit on the 5 shot 500.

BTW, good choice on BOTH firearms. Smart man