robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Mossberg 590A1 Mariner 12 gauge, 18.5 inch barrel , with Mesa Recoil Reduction adjustable stock , bead sights . Magpul MS3 sling. Shoots beautiful . Stock works great..4 hour class felt nothing in my shoulder even shooting slugs.

20120522_3669copy.jpg

20120522_3674copy.jpg

20120522_3670copy.jpg

20120522_3671copy.jpg

You say that a lot , but you never say why. :)

There are a few reasons.

1. A base stock is the best for a check weld.

2. A base stock is the best for absorbing recoil.

3. An adjustable stock was designed for people wearing body army or heavy clothes. And if you took that off, you can lengthen the pull to the desired length.

4. It doesn't allow you easy access to the safety (on Mossbergs anyway)

5. It's just one more thing to break.

6. I can use the stock on my shotgun to defend myself in a gun-grab situation in home defense, pistol-grip shotguns are more fragile and won't allow that.

Well finally ! Thanks:)

1) explain what a check weld is?

2) I bet you're right. Probably best to learn to manage recoil without gimmicks.

3) For most people. A stock cut down to a 10 inch LOP is 3 inches tall on the butt end. Fine for a rifle..but for a heavy barrel shotgun , maybe not.

4)No problem reaching the safety with this particular model. Thumb reaches . It is meant to sit low below the receiver for exactly that reason. Well , for bead sights too.

5) The Mesa one is metal. Pretty heavy and durable.

6) See # 5

Thanks for discussing . :)

A check weld for a shotgun is getting low enough on the stock to use the front sight and aim.

The mesa stock may be metal, and it may be very well made but it's still a week point that could break.

IPW, as long as your happy and it works for you then it's all good.

Oh , I get it . I can see where most AR type stocks don't work well with bead sights. It was a common complaint in all the reviews I read on adjustable stocks . This LEO stock sits real low , although I did have trouble with the sights at first for sure . I know for the Knoxx one they said to at the very least have ghost rings , that the stock was not great with bead sights.Makes sense.

I don't mind discussing options , as I may or may not be happy with it. Have not tried enough variations to know what I like and don't like :)

Unfortunately, I've spent enough money on shotgun ACCESSORIES that the money would be enough for a brand new shotgun. I've tried everything. Folding, AR style collapsible, pistol grip, standard, whatever. I have come to the point where the K.I.S.S. method is the best to go by.

Unfortunately, I've spent enough money on shotgun ACCESSORIES that the money would be enough for a brand new shotgun. I've tried everything. Folding, AR style collapsible, pistol grip, standard, whatever. I have come to the point where the K.I.S.S. method is the best to go by.

It's actually a really nice stock and for those of us with shorter arms it makes manipulation of the gun easier. I still want to try the hogue stock but I must say I was impressed with the Mesa stock. I agree with the KISS idea but it's really not that complicated and if it makes it easier to control the weapon and pump the gun than I'd say it's worth it. I had the speedfeed stock in mine and while it may be great for you because you're tall it just didn't work for me. I don't find hitting the safety to be that hard. The slide release is a little difficult but I plan to be chambered and ready way before I have to worry about that in a HD situation.

I agree with the KISS mentality and honestly, I prefer the standard stock over my Fab Defense stock.

c9a7d230.jpg

As a matter of fact, when I took my last shotgun class, I removed this adjustable stock and replaced it with the standard stock. After about 250 rounds I started to feel it on the shoulder more and more so I kind of regretted removing it.

For anyone looking to add an extension on their benelli pump, Whats cool about this +2 for the supernova is that its more like a +2.5. The stock tube will hold 4 2 3/4" shells easily and you can feel that there's a little room but not enough for an entire shell. Adding this tube should have made it 6 total but since its a little longer than that, it now holds 7, however, there's no more leeway. I guess with 3" shells its back down to 6 then but for 3-gun, i don't care about 3" shells.

One of my first firearms and still my HD shotgun. Custom Mossberg 590A1 by Vang Comp. Barrel is ported and handles recoil wonderfully well. Old school Laser Products Corp (now called Surefire) pressure pad operated forend light.

Mossberg590a1.jpg

• Like 1

You aim your shotguns?

Technically yes, but I actually don't know. I don't even know if I have both eyes open or one eye. Heck, I don't even remember pumping the next round in the chamber. It happens so fast, you need a speed camera to watch it.

Amazing! When I grow up I want to be like Ray-Ray!

:triniti:

Technically yes, but I actually don't know. I don't even know if I have both eyes open or one eye. Heck, I don't even remember pumping the next round in the chamber. It happens so fast, you need a speed camera to watch it.