robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Lmao ray!

Ray isn't joking that much. You obviously don't need a speed camera to see his actions, but he's got to be one of the best pump shotgun shooters on the site. He taught me how to rock my 870 back in the day.

Of course who doesn't?

I don't, as well as most others that are simply trying to hit a man sized target 7 yards away. If you're shooting clays, somewhat. If you're hunting larger game with buckshot or slugs, yes. But honestly, HD is most likely going to be pointing, not aiming. Ray just admitted that he doesn't even remember how many eyes he has open, that pretty much means he's pointing instead of aiming.

No difference really, although you do shoulder the gun a little lower, so you shoulder bone doesn't get battered so much. The recoil is still THERE when firing slugs though. Yeah, it is now very "Rifle" looking.

Whats the recoil like with the chamber so close to your shoulder. Thats a crazy looking shotgun. :)

You could argue that is a thumbhole stock and not a pistol grip.

You could also argue that the grip isn't "conspicuously" below the action. But as with many other things, to me it's not worth playing with fire when I plan on getting out of here someday soon.

Oh! I know! I forgot to say I stuck it in the dirt and made believe it was my air rifle like when I was a kid... Here's mud in your eye!

I can see the convo now Vic. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

I dunno... seems pretty comfortable to me. It never leaves the house any more and it's setup to be virtually worry free. Fire and forget. Mainly for my wife in case I'm not here, it has an AIM tactical 150 Lumen light and Firefield green laser with the switch inserted into the UTG Deluxe Vertical Ergonomic Foregrip. Stock is a ATI SHOTFORCE Buttstock and ATI shotshell holder. Handguard is a CAA MR500... First 2 shells are 12 Gauge Hydro-Kinetic Liquid Filled Marking Beanbag Ammo, (to show the courts restraint) and after that all bets are off with 00... Very comfy to hold and shoot. Nothing too fancy.... :)

You have a little too much going on there with the Mossy.

I dunno... seems pretty comfortable to me. It never leaves the house any more and it's setup to be virtually worry free. Fire and forget. Mainly for my wife in case I'm not here, it has an AIM tactical 150 Lumen light and Firefield green laser with the switch inserted into the UTG Deluxe Vertical Ergonomic Foregrip. Stock is a ATI SHOTFORCE Buttstock and ATI shotshell holder. Handguard is a CAA MR500... First 2 shells are 12 Gauge Hydro-Kinetic Liquid Filled Marking Beanbag Ammo, (to show the courts restraint) and after that all bets are off with 00... Very comfy to hold and shoot. Nothing too fancy.... :)

You have a little too much going on there with the Mossy.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much, BUT to each his own.

I can see the convo now Vic. Lol

Yea, I saw that coming from a mile away. Ray showed some more restraint than I expected.

I agree with Ray, too much going on. Foregrip is pretty pointless, a standard handguard is more than sufficient enough, that's extra weight, But if you like it, I guess it's not HURTING anything. Flashlight, okay, I can see that for an HD gun. That's enough for things that don't seriously HURT the point of an HD gun. Now for the things that NEED to go.

A laser is overkill, and will actually hinder using the gun for defense. It's one more thing that you SHOULDN'T be worrying about when trying to defend yourself. A shotgun is a point and shoot firearm for home defense. You're pointing it in the direction of COM of the intruder, and shooting. If you need a laser to guide you to a torso at 7 yards max, you either need more practice or you shouldn't be shooting guns.

PM incoming on the bean bags.

Some of the extras I had laying around. So I gathered them all to see what could work. Had nothing else to use them on. The laser is no effort at all because all you need is to hold the verticle grip with a slightly little more pressure. Anyway, I didn't go out of my way to buy any of this except for the light and handguard. I had everything else just laying around from other projects that never became. As for the bean bags... I also had them laying around from years ago when we didn't want/need to kill someone... The overall weight has not changed much believe it or not. I didn't bother weighing the before and after deal. But I can't feel any difference in weight.

A handgun IS my primary weapon even in home defense. Always will be. Then there is always the scare factor look and the racking of a round that hopefully will make the agressor think twice. If it needs to go that far. IMHO. I don't live in an area where we ever have to worry about home invasion... But it doesn't hurt to be prepared. :)

Yea, I saw that coming from a mile away. Ray showed some more restraint than I expected.

I agree with Ray, too much going on. Foregrip is pretty pointless, a standard handguard is more than sufficient enough, that's extra weight, But if you like it, I guess it's not HURTING anything. Flashlight, okay, I can see that for an HD gun. That's enough for things that don't seriously HURT the point of an HD gun. Now for the things that NEED to go.

A laser is overkill, and will actually hinder using the gun for defense. It's one more thing that you SHOULDN'T be worrying about when trying to defend yourself. A shotgun is a point and shoot firearm for home defense. You're pointing it in the direction of COM of the intruder, and shooting. If you need a laser to guide you to a torso at 7 yards max, you either need more practice or you shouldn't be shooting guns.

Skip the laser, skip the vertical foregrip, skip the bean bag rounds

Everything else is OKAY.

You characters take some things too serious.... It doesn't matter.... They are all back in lockup. None of my rifles nor shotguns come out except for riots, the range, cleaning and modding. My handguns are readily available and will always be my first line of defense. For the life of me, you guys are way over opinionated on certain things.... just drop it already... God forbid things don't go your way in converations, you beat the hell out of people. Enuff said.

You wanna take this one Ray?

I don't know about the other stuff , but I don't think the pistol style foregrip is useless. It may be useless to a full sized person , but with a heavier gun like that I find I can enjoy holding the gun up more with the pistol style foregrip. With my hand palm up on the regular foregrip it is more work to hold the barrel up for a long period of time.

I'm sure people who are NOT 4'11 females will disagree with me , but that is fine.

As long as it does not interfere with safe reliable HD purposes and overall performance , I don't see why anyone would care how you want your gun to look ((shrug)) I can see advice about the laser being good advice..might be more of a distraction than any help.

For a one off shot the pistol foregrip probably does not matter one way or the other. But if someone small like me wants to enjoy an hour or two at the range with their heavy 12 gauge ( as I do) , I say if you like the way the gun shoots , then all is well as far as you should be concerned.

Has your wife ever shot that shotgun?

No, just handguns... But she has problems with her wrists and hands. Sometimes bad carpel tunnel along with arthritis... So I try to always accommodate her any way I can, if I can... I don't see why the laser bothers anyone. The way it's set up, it's effortless and without sighting sown the barrel at little more than close range, she is good to go.

In any event... Everyone has reasons of whys and why nots. I just don't think people should be beat up for things they are satisfied with. As you said, you're 4'11... So there are many shapes and sizes. Something that works for one, may not for another.

I respect everyone's opinion here as long as it's within reason and within the law.

Anything less than that is not worth it.

Thanks irishpeteswife... I appreciate your approach to these responses. :)

I don't know about the other stuff , but I don't think the pistol style foregrip is useless. It may be useless to a full sized person , but with a heavier gun like that I find I can enjoy holding the gun up more with the pistol style foregrip. With my hand palm up on the regular foregrip it is more work to hold the barrel up for a long period of time.

I'm sure people who are NOT 4'11 females will disagree with me , but that is fine.

As long as it does not interfere with safe reliable HD purposes and overall performance , I don't see why anyone would care how you want your gun to look ((shrug)) I can see advice about the laser being good advice..might be more of a distraction than any help.

For a one off shot the pistol foregrip probably does not matter one way or the other. But if someone small like me wants to enjoy an hour or two at the range with their heavy 12 gauge ( as I do) , I say if you like the way the gun shoots , then all is well as far as you should be concerned.

Has your wife ever shot that shotgun?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD