robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

You characters take some things too serious.... It doesn't matter.... They are all back in lockup. None of my rifles nor shotguns come out except for riots, the range, cleaning and modding. My handguns are readily available and will always be my first line of defense. For the life of me, you guys are way over opinionated on certain things.... just drop it already... God forbid things don't go your way in converations, you beat the hell out of people. Enuff said.

I take firearms and their uses seriously, sorry.

Never said you didn't and so do I... But your opinions are just that. But it's the way you approach people about it.

I take firearms and their uses seriously, sorry.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Never said you didn't and so do I... But your opinions are just that. But it's the way you approach people about it.

Okay, should I have been nicer? I was being nice but since we aren't face to face its kinda hard to show emotion on a keyboard.

Start using the emoticons... :)

Okay, should I have been nicer? I was being nice but since we aren't face to face its kinda hard to show emotion on a keyboard.

Start using the emoticons... :)

I only use one, :facepalm:

Okay, back on topic. Please dump the beanbag rounds as you don't want your first shot (which is the most important) to be a round that is less than lethal. Make that first round in the tube (or chamber, whichever way you keep the shotgun at ready) a defensive round. whether it's buckshot, slug or birdshot. Second, unless you live in a large mansion or have acres upon acres of land, the laser is just access weight. The vertical fore-grip seems to be something that might be user preferred, so that's on you. I live by the K.I.S.S method, Keep It Simple Stupid. :smiles:

You should take her to the range with that gun :) If she wants to go try shotguns with another lady shooting the same gun let me know . It can be kind of intimidating when you are the only girl with a gun like that on the firing line lol You get all worried it will send you airborne and stuff ...you know , gun still hanging in the air with you on your butt 5 feet away . I was pleasantly surprised by the very manageable recoil out of my 590A1 Mariner. The only thing that was sore after a 4 hour course was my left forearm and bicep..from trying to hold the barrel up with my palm to the sky. And my neck , from the sling lol

That won't be anytime soon I'm afraid. Its just one of those, just in case moments. She rather use a handgun... Appreciate the offer though... Next year I may re-up at Cherry Ridge... Money has been tight the last couple years and time as well. Next year, things will be much better... So we shall see.

You should take her to the range with that gun :) If she wants to go try shotguns with another lady shooting the same gun let me know . It can be kind of intimidating when you are the only girl with a gun like that on the firing line lol You get all worried it will send you airborne and stuff ...you know , gun still hanging in the air with you on your butt 5 feet away . I was pleasantly surprised by the very manageable recoil out of my 590A1 Mariner. The only thing that was sore after a 4 hour course was my left forearm and bicep..from trying to hold the barrel up with my palm to the sky. And my neck , from the sling lol

You characters take some things too serious.... It doesn't matter.... They are all back in lockup. None of my rifles nor shotguns come out except for riots, the range, cleaning and modding. My handguns are readily available and will always be my first line of defense. For the life of me, you guys are way over opinionated on certain things.... just drop it already... God forbid things don't go your way in converations, you beat the hell out of people. Enuff said.

So now PMing you FACTS about legal issues with using less than lethal rounds is being over opinionated? Okay, use one of those bean bags on an intruder. Then get your property sued out from under you by the intruder, AND face serious criminal charges. Like I said, you'd be in LESS trouble with a defensive round, and it will be more effective. We're also telling you what works, and what's dead weight because WE KNOW. Ray is one the best at running pump shotguns on the site, he taught me how to rock one. We've all done run and gun at different ranges and matches with a lot of different gear. We know what works, so we're trying to tell people so they don't find out the HARD way. But go ahead and use bean bag rounds on someone who shouldn't be in your house, and could potentially be hopped up on some drug that prevents them from feeling anything.

Edit: And try approaching an intruder with a cold shotgun. Let's see what happens when there's someone in a room BEHIND you that you didn't hear, or you try to chamber the round and it just doesn't, or they charge you and you short stroke the action because you're scared sh*tless.

Ooooook.... Wasn't referring to your pm....

So now PMing you FACTS about legal issues with using less than lethal rounds is being over opinionated? Okay, use one of those bean bags on an intruder. Then get your property sued out from under you by the intruder, AND face serious criminal charges. Like I said, you'd be in LESS trouble with a defensive round, and it will be more effective. We're also telling you what works, and what's dead weight because WE KNOW. Ray is one the best at running pump shotguns on the site, he taught me how to rock one. We've all done run and gun at different ranges and matches with a lot of different gear. We know what works, so we're trying to tell people so they don't find out the HARD way. But go ahead and use bean bag rounds on someone who shouldn't be in your house, and could potentially be hopped up on some drug that prevents them from feeling anything.

Edit: And try approaching an intruder with a cold shotgun. Let's see what happens when there's someone in a room BEHIND you that you didn't hear, or you try to chamber the round and it just doesn't, or they charge you and you short stroke the action because you're scared sh*tless.

Then ignore everything else that was said? I can say it again. We're trying to tell you what works when you're trying to use it under pressure, and what doesn't. We're telling you because we've DONE IT. Dude this is what the forum is for, for those who are experienced and know to help those who are inexperienced and don't know. We're trying to HELP.

...and I appreciate that. But you guys left a bad taste in my mouth since day one here. You tend to condescend and treat everyone like newbies. If you brushed up on your presentation, you'd be better off. Not everyone is new here... Trying to expand on opinions and start what my initial attempt was just normal conversation, was met with aggressive 'tudes. I showed nobody disrespect, but was told I had to earn it. Sorry young man, but you start out with 100% respect for everyone. Anything less than that is like spitting on everyone as you walk down the street. It will either maintain its integrity or wither away. Quite frankly, I always respect people older than me and show younger the same as long as they are respectful. My boy is 36 and a Staff Sgt in the Marines.. We've had countless hours of weapon conversation with an argument not even once. We discussed, weighed differences and came to a resolve. We both learned from each other and not once any animosity. But having a 20 some year old cram things down my throat simply won't work whether you are right or wrong.

You remind me of a priest I met long ago. Great guy, but insisted on cramming his beliefs down peoples throats. You won't get far with many people like that. I yes'ed him to death then walked away. Some of yaz here are like that. You insist on being persistent that you are always right. Not so.... But you also need to let people be. Speak your peace and drop it. The receiver will either heed it or not.

So remember who you are talking to. You don't know me nor do I know you. You have no idea what I know or don't know. All I can say is I have experience in lots of areas. Do you need to believe me? Perhaps not... But I don't know your background either. Rocking out a shotgun does not an expert make.

So, like I pm'ed Ray.... Let's start over and try to be cordial to each other. I'm getting to old for this crap. I came here to relax and maybe learn. But it's my choice. As long as I'm not handing any false info, I'm good.

Soooo... Hi vjf915 and ray, nice to meet you.... I hope. ;)

Then ignore everything else that was said? I can say it again. We're trying to tell you what works when you're trying to use it under pressure, and what doesn't. We're telling you because we've DONE IT. Dude this is what the forum is for, for those who are experienced and know to help those who are inexperienced and don't know. We're trying to HELP.

[zoolander] Listen to your friend Ray Ray bhunted, he's a cool guy! [/zoolander]

Looks like a "Cheaper than Dirt" catalog threw up on that Mossberg.

A few quick points:

1) Less than lethal is a no go in NJ. If it comes out of a firearm, it is deadly force. Period. Plus, why would you want go and make the armed intruder in your home angry? I have seen people take multiple LL rounds center mass (Batons, socks, rubber bullets) and continue their aggressive actions. So, just don't do it. Please? For the children...

2)Why for the love of Baby Jesus would you purposefully choose a handgun over any long gun in a self defense situation? Nothing you can hold in 2 hands is guaranteed to stop a determined assailant, and pistol calibers are notoriously bad at ending fights. Do you know what most people shot with a pistol die from? Old Age. We use handguns because you can't always walk around with a long gun strapped to your chest (People give you funny looks), not because they work so well. They are convenient and portable, but are far from the best tools for the job of self defense.

3) If you are trusting the sound of racking a shotgun to make your home intruder, or any bad guy for that matter, shit their pants and run for the hills, you are on drugs. Put the crack pipe down. Not everyone is as scared of a shotgun racking as you are. Some people out there are genuine bad dudes and have had guns pointed at them before. That racking sound, yup, it just gave your position away.

4) You want to post a picture of your shotty with a pistol grip, adjustable stock, and a rail with a vert grip and laser, then do it. But don't get all upset when no one ooohs and ahs all over it or tells you it's the cat's pajamas.

5)Yes Virginia, you can actually miss with a scattergun. A shotgun is not a "Fire and Forget" weapon. Like all firearms it must be aimed and the trigger must be properly manipulated if you want to get good hits on target.

6) Dude, stop taking everything so personally. There is some good knowledge here. Just because you may be older than me or Ray or vjf915 (sorry I don't know your name bro, I have met Ray but not you) doesn't mean diddly-squat. Everyone is a victim of their own frame of reference. Yours may be different than mine, and mine may be more relevant or current than yours. You say you are here to "relax and learn" but when someone tries to teach you something you get all butt-hurt and complain you are being picked on. Leave your ego at the door when you log on.

High Exposure, Telling someone their shotgun looks like it was thrown up on by a Cheaper Then Dirt Catalog is not cool. Yes we post our pics and are open to some criticism. But lets not be a dick about it.

High Exposure, Telling someone their shotgun looks like it was thrown up on by a Cheaper Then Dirt Catalog is not cool. Yes we post our pics and are open to some criticism. But lets not be a dick about it.

Yep....... as usual......

There are some people on here, that just dont know how to communicate with other people without talking down to them........

So let's get this thread back on track with just posting pics....... I dont want to have to lock this thread.....

Not taking anything personal. I can care less if someone likes the look of my weapons. What works for one and not another is always what matters. I will reiterate once and end this tirade. "It's about the presentation".... that's it! You condescend me, thrash me, dump on my crap, I'm done listening... There is a difference between constructive criticism and downright beating down someone or something. The sg round thing is considerably a reasonable critique, but to each their own with their choice of weapons for whatever reason. You have a few people on this forum that insist on being the leading authority on everything. I have a problem with that. We can converse civily... that's all I'd expect.

So like was said above.. Let's get back on track. Let's see more photos... No more arguing and pissing in each others ears....

All that matters is your set up works for you.

Not taking anything personal. I can care less if someone likes the look of my weapons. What works for one and not another is always what matters. I will reiterate once and end this tirade. "It's about the presentation".... that's it! You condescend me, thrash me, dump on my crap, I'm done listening... There is a difference between constructive criticism and downright beating down someone or something. The sg round thing is considerably a reasonable critique, but to each their own with their choice of weapons for whatever reason. You have a few people on this forum that insist on being the leading authority on everything. I have a problem with that. We can converse civily... that's all I'd expect.

So like was said above.. Let's get back on track. Let's see more photos... No more arguing and pissing in each others ears....

[zoolander] Listen to your friend Ray Ray bhunted, he's a cool guy! [/zoolander]

Looks like a "Cheaper than Dirt" catalog threw up on that Mossberg.

A few quick points:

1) Less than lethal is a no go in NJ. If it comes out of a firearm, it is deadly force. Period. Plus, why would you want go and make the armed intruder in your home angry? I have seen people take multiple LL rounds center mass (Batons, socks, rubber bullets) and continue their aggressive actions. So, just don't do it. Please? For the children...

2)Why for the love of Baby Jesus would you purposefully choose a handgun over any long gun in a self defense situation? Nothing you can hold in 2 hands is guaranteed to stop a determined assailant, and pistol calibers are notoriously bad at ending fights. Do you know what most people shot with a pistol die from? Old Age. We use handguns because you can't always walk around with a long gun strapped to your chest (People give you funny looks), not because they work so well. They are convenient and portable, but are far from the best tools for the job of self defense.

3) If you are trusting the sound of racking a shotgun to make your home intruder, or any bad guy for that matter, shit their pants and run for the hills, you are on drugs. Put the crack pipe down. Not everyone is as scared of a shotgun racking as you are. Some people out there are genuine bad dudes and have had guns pointed at them before. That racking sound, yup, it just gave your position away.

4) You want to post a picture of your shotty with a pistol grip, adjustable stock, and a rail with a vert grip and laser, then do it. But don't get all upset when no one ooohs and ahs all over it or tells you it's the cat's pajamas.

5)Yes Virginia, you can actually miss with a scattergun. A shotgun is not a "Fire and Forget" weapon. Like all firearms it must be aimed and the trigger must be properly manipulated if you want to get good hits on target.

6) Dude, stop taking everything so personally. There is some good knowledge here. Just because you may be older than me or Ray or vjf915 (sorry I don't know your name bro, I have met Ray but not you) doesn't mean diddly-squat. Everyone is a victim of their own frame of reference. Yours may be different than mine, and mine may be more relevant or current than yours. You say you are here to "relax and learn" but when someone tries to teach you something you get all butt-hurt and complain you are being picked on. Leave your ego at the door when you log on.

Yup

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Just an 870 Police that I had done in NP3 Plus. Really happy with the Magpul furniture. Waiting on the SGA sling adapter to run a MS3, and the low cheek kit to raise the stock height.

looks good.

if don't mind me asking >>> where did do the NP3 Plus and how much was it ?

I'm with High Exposure 100%. Sure, his CTD comment may have been "mean" (Oh no, because nobody has ever received harsh criticism before), but the rest of his post contains solid information. Let's all just ignore that :rolleyes:

Screwball, I never much liked the look of the shotgun furniture Magpul put out, but could never tell how comfortable it is. Although I've never had my hands slip off a pump, it looks like their pump will help prevent that. What about the stock? The grip looks like it's a little odd.

Ok. The CTD comment may have been a tad out of line, but I stand by my other statements.

(Just FYI the CTD comment was less about looks and more about sub standard equipment that will not stand up to hard prolonged use)

There are a lot of threads on here about how being PC is the death of America, and how people are coddling others feelings to the detriment of society as a whole. Well, I was just calling it as I saw it. This was the second thread I read with him showing his a** (the other was in the "Bushmaster legality" thread where he asked a question he already knew the answer to, and then got pissy when he was called on it by the membership). Now, I don't post much but I do lurk, and when I do post, I try to stay in my lane. When I read Bhunted's posts I had to respond. We have a responsibility to make sure bad info does not get propagated. A duty to make sure that the good guys get the good news, sometimes even in spite of themselves.

In keeping within the spirit of the thread, my shotgun:

515e0278.jpg

699328f0.jpg

Rem 870 with ported Vang Comp barrel

Wilson +2

Surefire Rail with TLR-1 and TD "Irish" Stubby very grip

Vang Comp mag follower and big head safety

Mesa Tactical Sidesaddle with rail and Insight MRDS optic in ADM mount

Mesa Tactical LEO Stock Adapter

MIAD grip

MOE stock with tall cheek riser

Specter Gear single point sling

Rem 870 with ported Vang Comp barrel

Wilson +2

Surefire Rail with TLR-1 and TD "Irish" Stubby very grip

Vang Comp mag follower and big head safety

Mesa Tactical Sidesaddle with rail and Insight MRDS optic in ADM mount

Mesa Tactical LEO Stock Adapter

MIAD grip

MOE stock with tall cheek riser

Specter Gear single point sling

I don't like some of the upgrades on this gun either. Sorry dude. Although you did use quality shtuff.

Screwball, well done sir.

That's fine bro. For my purposes everything on there is there for a reason.

Be specific an we can chat it out. This is for discussion and learning right? What would you change and why?

I like it, Only thing I find a little weird is the fore end with the vertical grip, Looks a little uncomfortable. Other then that I like the stock a lot.

That's fine bro. For my purposes everything on there is there for a reason.

Be specific an we can chat it out. This is for discussion and learning right? What would you change and why?

You asked, I'll answer.

Adjustable stocks- They were for SWAT and military guys wearing body armor and need a stock for all the temperature changes. I'm not wearing body armor or kicking in doors in Iraq.

Rails- 1 rail for a light is cool, but all those rails would end up cutting my hands after a day at the range. Even with the covers on them, that rubber will flex and move.

red dot- I find a bead front sight is just as fast as a red dot, and it's one less battery to go dead.

The +2 extension is top-notch and a must-have for any real defensive shotty.

The sling is also good, although I'd take if off if the shotty in question was my HD gun.