robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Keep in mind this is a working shotgun, not a HD shotgun.

I like it, Only thing I find a little weird is the fore end with the vertical grip, Looks a little uncomfortable. Other then that I like the stock a lot.

Thanks,

I actually don't grab it like a broomstick/chicken choke. I use it more like a hand stop/reference point. It closely mimics my support hand hold on a rifle, just without my thumb over the top. That barrel gets HOT!

I will try to take a pic to better explain.

I am looking for something a little more low profile, but haven't found anything yet that fits the bill. In the meantime, the "Irish" stubby works fine.

You asked, I'll answer.

Adjustable stocks- They were for SWAT and military guys wearing body armor and need a stock for all the temperature changes. I'm not wearing body armor or kicking in doors in Iraq.

Rails- 1 rail for a light is cool, but all those rails would end up cutting my hands after a day at the range. Even with the covers on them, that rubber will flex and move.

red dot- I find a bead front sight is just as fast as a red dot, and it's one less battery to go dead.

The +2 extension is top-notch and a must-have for any real defensive shotty.

The sling is also good, although I'd take if off if the shotty in question was my HD gun.

Thanks Ray.

I agree 110% on the topic of adjustable stocks. That is why I have one. ;)

The rail is lightweight (6oz for the rail, 4.1oz for the TLR-1, and 2.5oz for the vert grip) that is 12.6oz vs 16.1oz for the Surefire dedicated fore end light), a stable mounting platform for white and IR lights, grippy as hell and will clear the side saddle with the action open. I have never had a problem with the rail grabbers moving, flexing, or slipping and I have never cut myself on anything other than the shell elevator. The rail also let's me upgrade my light to newer, brighter, whateverer without the expense of a whole new fore end.

The red dot has decent battery life, approx 3000 hours on the medium setting, and the rail it sits in actually creates a ghost ring for the bead in the event the RDS shits the bed on me. The dot is helpful shooting at 50yards with a shotgun just as it is on a rifle. It also helps for high percentage shots. The bead is fast, but the dot is faster and accurate, in my experience.

The +2 is clutch as well as the big head dome safety, but you Mossy guys don't know about that :)

Finally the sling. I look at the sling as I would a holster. In my opinion It is 1 of the 2 pieces of essential equipment you need on a fighting long arm (the other being a white light for target ID). What do you do with it if you need to do something with 2 hands - carry something, open a window, go hands on, restrain someone, open a water bottle. These are all thing you may need to do while carrying your long arm.

"Surefire Rail with TLR-1 and TD "Irish" Stubby very grip"

ehm...why is the stubby grip nicknamed "irish" lol

If you gotta ask ;)

Very Cool Screwball, I really like the Magpul Furniture, Have you shot it yet with that set up?

Nope. I'm waiting until I get the sling and cheek kit before I start practicing with it again. The standard kit, like the OEM stock, is a little too low for rifle sights. One of my biggest complaints... but bead sights on my 11-87 are ok.

Cannot recommend the furniture enough. Very thought out design.

looks good.

if don't mind me asking >>> where did do the NP3 Plus and how much was it ?

Robar is the only place that does NP3.

It costs $450, but they have sales each month. It cost me $385.50 when I did it. If you want to save some money, standard NP3 is cheaper.

Screwball, I never much liked the look of the shotgun furniture Magpul put out, but could never tell how comfortable it is. Although I've never had my hands slip off a pump, it looks like their pump will help prevent that. What about the stock? The grip looks like it's a little odd.

It is extremely comfortable. The grip seems odd considering standard options, but it is very nice. The main thing I wanted was the ability to add a light to the forend, as well as a two/one point sling.

Not exactly tactical in the flavor of tactical of the other shotguns in this thread.

It's an airforce m870 mk1 clone I put together a few years back. I've since replaced the rubber buttpad with a proper thin plastic one which I need to trim a little bit and put on a 1913 leather turner sling.

m870.jpg

Added a cheapo UAG reflex sight and the cheek riser. If I have time this weekend I'll remove all the tacticool addons and snap some pics of the configuration I'll use for classes.

acdedac9.jpg

ab37fe88.jpg

79f12476.jpg

91502f9f.jpg

2b9c0b07.jpg

3fdd764d.jpg

280f2c55.jpg

20120816_155655.jpg

Mossberg 500a1 and Mossberg 590-3r

2012-08-19180817.png

My Mossberg 590-3r with an Ontario m9 bayonet.. still shopping for a light to put on her and debating on a night sight. I was just gunna do a fiberoptic sight like I have on my 500...but decided not to to help in low light and to help with muzzle location. Also going to add a single point sling mount to both when the funds allow it