robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Because your fore-end needs to be trimmed to clear the sidesaddle, you only have about 2 3/4" - 3" of travel on your action.You will never be able to rack the action all the way open with that setup.

You either need to notch the wood on the left side so it clears the obstruction or get a different fore-end that doesn't cover the receiver with the action open.

yeah- why?

what the above gentlemen have said. I had to cut the plastic foregrip down on my 870 in order to use the 6 shot tacstar. It's either cut it, buy a 4 shot tacstar, get a different foregrip or take off the tacstar

Thanks for the heads up, fellas. I had cycled the ACTION - no shells- and thought all was fine. I didn't notice the slide did not fully retract. After your comments, I did some digging, and lo and behold... some 870s (not all) do have problems with the 6-shell sidesaddle. So I broke out the dremel, and 15 minutes later, problem solved:

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

These are Scrappy's Blacktical Boomsticks son!!!! My shotgun portfolio's pride and joy!!! Unfortunately the Benelli Supernova blacktical tactical turkey 24" Supernova SteadyGrip is no longer with us.. Although it was a beautiful sexay smooth silky sleek shotgun. I will probably add another Supernova, this time a Supernova Tactical / C-stock maybe, and probably a 590A1 SPX, one of these days.. I've been spending a lot of toy money on accessorizing what I have, maybe I will redirect some toy money soon.

sblackticalboomsticks.jpg

mossberg930rollmark.jpg

remington870tacticalrol.jpg

saiga12rollmark.jpg

The Top Dawg is my Mossberg 930 SPX .... There's a lot of story behind that, I don't even try to tell it anymore, brings out a lot of hate. Anyway it's a beauty to me... Choate +1 rather than the factory +3 extension... LPA Italy ghost ring rear winged aperature atop their pic rail, front is the LPA winged red fiber optic light tube/pipe aka the "M16 Style Front" ..... COMPLIMENTED By the totally awesome Aimpoint Micro R-1 ..., the Aimpoint Micro combined with LimbSaver transform it from a home defense shotgun to a totally offensive Combat Shotgun and SWS - Scrapmaster Weapon System. Amazing. I have a few secret plans for upgrades and addons in the future but as of now I am happy as is, It's my love and most irreplaceable firearm in my portfolio.

Next is my new Remington 870 Tactical Magpul. As you see, it's the Tactical which has been Magpul'ed with their SGA 870 Shotgun Stock, SGA 870 Shotgun Forend, Rear/Receiver Sling Mount, Front/Magazine Extension-barrel Sling Mount, not shown are the two slings i have for it, a single point Magpul MS/2 Sling *Quick changing from single point and 2 point quick release / quick adjust* and the real awesome kickers are the Tactical RemChoke muzzle device / muzzle brake / door breaching / stand off device / compliance device , *AND * XS Sights Ghost Ring/Big Dot Sights. I *COULD NOT BE HAPPIER* with this. ... Then I added a LimbSaver recoil pad...it is PERFECTION..... Although because I like to have the best of the best of the best, I am having it further customized --Gonna have it "Police'd", made into an 870 Configuration by heavy zinc parkerized, receiver upgraded to "Police" build parts, a lot of barrel/chamber/extension honed, polished, checked, staked.restaked/checked again etc... and finished w/ Wilson Combat safety/ Woohoo Excitement. so it will be the Scraptical 870 Tactical Magpul Police.

Lastly is going to be my surprise @ Christmas woohoo! My new Saiga 12...What else can I Say but it's the real deal Russian AK that takes magazines and is a 12 gauge. A LOT May be going into this, I'm still deciding between another Aimpoint, an EOTech, Mepro M21 or Zeiss...the proper quad rail and angled foregrip, etc. We shall see, I can't wait. I'll add more pics as I customized it further.... OK thanks for checking out my pix!

That Saiga is a semi? What's the magazine capacity?

Yes sir the Saiga 12 is a semi automatic autoloading shotgun.

For me and most likely the rest of law abiding New Jersey, magazines of 5 are the norm. (Mine came with a single, 5 round factory magazine in the box and I just ordered like 8 5-round "ProMag" brand magazines, they are very reasonable compared to the other brands. Some ppl are saying they suck, some people are saying the people who say they suck in fact suck themselves, and the ProMags are totally a Go and fine to use and vALue all the way.).

Looking on the Wikipedia entry for Saiga 12, it says there are 2, 5, 8, and 10 round "box magazines" (the normal kind of magazine you 'd think of) available and 12, 20, and 30 round circular "Drum" magazines also available.

Hope that helps you ruger9

Thanks... your mag just looked like it held more than 5. Does it? Is it pinned? Or is that the 5rnd mag?

Its the factory 5 round mag. Not pinned or anything.

I did notice a few things, Saiga 12 magazines are huge to begin with, and of course for some reason the factory mags seem to be longer than other one for some reason,... so maybe that is why they appear long to you?

The 10 round ProMag "box" magazine is just damned long.

AGP does sell dedicated 6rd magazines, but at $40 each, you'll need to decide if it is worth the cost.

With a bit of grinding to the follower, you can actually get an extra round into the 5rd mag, but you'll have to load on an open bolt.

Keepshooting.com sells Taiwanese copies of the factory mag at $15 each.