robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Remmy 870Ps. Original

Brobee. Argonaut armament pistol grip and rail conversions. Eotech. Yhm buis. Original knights 870 rail. Wilson combat doodads.surefire foreend. Soon to be converted to LED as sometimes the recoil just pops the bulbs. Thoughts opinions threats. Lol

post-5393-0-94900500-1359605104_thumb.jpg

Those must weight 10 pounds. Take off the rails, the red dot, the sights and the stock. Replace the stock with the Magpul one or the Speedfeed one. After doing this, you will not only thank me but you will be able to shoot them.

I've never had issues with the weight. 870 police models are heavier which I'm used to. I've gotten 3" groups with slugs offhand with these at 50 yards. Now my other 870 express feels like a feather but I don't like shooting it. I think the weight also helps reduce some recoil effects. I value your opinion and am not knocking it in any way. I also wasn't comfortable with the magpul setup. It was nice but not for me as I'm comfy with the AR style platform and short LOP. it's just me I suppose.

They certainly look cool. If you like the way they are and the way they shoot, keep it as is. They're your guns. I had a whole bunch of stuff on my 500 too then little by little they started coming off. Now that I think about it, it's been a while so maybe I'll tacticool my 500's one of these days just to get under Ray's skin...

I've never had issues with the weight. 870 police models are heavier which I'm used to. I've gotten 3" groups with slugs offhand with these at 50 yards. Now my other 870 express feels like a feather but I don't like shooting it. I think the weight also helps reduce some recoil effects. I value your opinion and am not knocking it in any way. I also wasn't comfortable with the magpul setup. It was nice but not for me as I'm comfy with the AR style platform and short LOP. it's just me I suppose.

They certainly look cool. If you like the way they are and the way they shoot, keep it as is. They're your guns. I had a whole bunch of stuff on my 500 too then little by little they started coming off. Now that I think about it, it's been a while so maybe I'll tacticool my 500's one of these days just to get under Ray's skin...

To each his own brother. But, i love shotguns so those guns rock regardless.

Finally figured out how to add some lighting to my Benelli for HD purposes. There's not much out there specifically for the supernova's in terms of attachment either on the stock gun or aftermarket. Basically you have to come up with some sort of mag tube attachment which heavily depends on whether you have an extended tube or not. If you have an extended tube, you can get a tube/barrel clamp from nordic or elzetta but those sit way to forward to easily operate the light without breaking grip. If you dont have an extended tube, there's also a narrow mag tube only clamp from either CDM or L&M that clamps only on the oem mag tube before the barrel nut, however, there's not enough room on the benelli for one of these since the foreend goes all the way up and practically butts against the barrel nut unlike Mossingtons which have acres of room there. The solution i found was a simple thin mount that sandwiches between the barrel collar and mag cap and has a pic rail bent 90 degrees off it. The mount is made by Streamlight and is marked for a Remmmy 870 but it fits the Benelli like a glove as the mag tube diameter is identical. From there you can add any of the offset light mounts like a Gear Sector or similar and it puts the end cap well within reach of your thumb when its on the grip. Simple, lightweight, ergomomic and effective. Me likey!

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Nice setup...

Basically like the BLAM4 I put on my Ben M4... Works fine and is the lightest thing you can use. Doesn't have to be removed to break down gun either..

Finally figured out how to add some lighting to my Benelli for HD purposes. There's not much out there specifically for the supernova's in terms of attachment either on the stock gun or aftermarket. Basically you have to come up with some sort of mag tube attachment which heavily depends on whether you have an extended tube or not. If you have an extended tube, you can get a tube/barrel clamp from nordic or elzetta but those sit way to forward to easily operate the light without breaking grip. If you dont have an extended tube, there's also a narrow mag tube only clamp from either CDM or L&M that clamps only on the oem mag tube before the barrel nut, however, there's not enough room on the benelli for one of these since the foreend goes all the way up and practically butts against the barrel nut unlike Mossingtons which have acres of room there. The solution i found was a simple thin mount that sandwiches between the barrel collar and mag cap and has a pic rail bent 90 degrees off it. The mount is made by Streamlight and is marked for a Remmmy 870 but it fits the Benelli like a glove as the mag tube diameter is identical. From there you can add any of the offset light mounts like a Gear Sector or similar and it puts the end cap well within reach of your thumb when its on the grip. Simple, lightweight, ergomomic and effective. Me likey!

Nice setup...

Basically like the BLAM4 I put on my Ben M4... Works fine and is the lightest thing you can use. Doesn't have to be removed to break down gun either..

the blam system is the first thing I saw when I started searching for a solution for Benelli specific shotguns. unfortunately because of the gas system that makes the blam way too wide to fit on any pumo but luckily any Remy 700 part like the 1 from streamline or the modular ones from GG&G will work fine.

Streamlight TLR-1hp or do what I'm about to do, buy a Beam-Lokr magnetic universal mount (amazing little device) and a Weitta flashlight, I got this little baby on a tip from here, Weitta Sparker F8455 , 300 lumens on high, adjustable from single bright spot to wide wide sweeping circle, hi-lo-strobe, rechargable Li-Ion battery included PLUS triple a battery adapter.... and it was $20 bucks.

This amazing hand held pocket torch combined with a Beam Lokr , lets you put it in and use your shotgun and flashlight as a tactical torch anytime anyway, when you want just pop the flashlight out and use it handheld . amazing versatility.

Streamlight TLR-1hp or do what I'm about to do, buy a Beam-Lokr magnetic universal mount (amazing little device) and a Weitta flashlight, I got this little baby on a tip from here, Weitta Sparker F8455 , 300 lumens on high, adjustable from single bright spot to wide wide sweeping circle, hi-lo-strobe, rechargable Li-Ion battery included PLUS triple a battery adapter.... and it was $20 bucks.

This amazing hand held pocket torch combined with a Beam Lokr , lets you put it in and use your shotgun and flashlight as a tactical torch anytime anyway, when you want just pop the flashlight out and use it handheld . amazing versatility.

Thank you for the recommendations!

Remington 870 Express Tactical with Magpul forend. Waiting to order the Magpul stock. Any recommendations for a flashlight for these?

1743E70F-5897-4E19-AD39-C475F9E21B83-8809-000008875D1FE37F.jpg

You can easily attach the magpul rail sections to the slots on the forend, and you've got a ton of options from there

Here's my surefire g2 in an offset mount:

ynyde6yj.jpg

New stuff for my babies

img2262nu.jpg

img2261i.jpg

img2267zm.jpg

new Fiber Optic rear ghost ring aperture for the LPA Ghost Ring Sights... as seen it really glows bright with a little bit of light, you can even see the red fiber optic lit up front.

img2266kz.jpg

img2264sw.jpg

Remington 870 Tactical w/ the Magpul treatment, Aimpoint Micro, and nice Vickers Blue Force sling...really awesome total package.

Whatz the top one Scraps?

New stuff for my babies

img2262nu.jpg

img2261i.jpg

img2267zm.jpg

new Fiber Optic rear ghost ring aperture for the LPA Ghost Ring Sights... as seen it really glows bright with a little bit of light, you can even see the red fiber optic lit up front.

img2266kz.jpg

img2264sw.jpg

Remington 870 Tactical w/ the Magpul treatment, Aimpoint Micro, and nice Vickers Blue Force sling...really awesome total package.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

The top one is a Saiga 12... conventional type, since we're in New Jersey. Just got a SGM Tactical quad rail for it (which is a stretch really, I ordered a quad rail, what I got was a plastic forend w/ tri rails molded on and then a top cover with rails on it as well) , a Magpul RVG fore grip, and a SGM Saber Boss muzzle device.

(And 17 magazines, Not shown :p)

Hey I wanted to post a few more pics of my new 870... So as many know I have the 870 (Express) Tactical. .. to which I added the Magpul SGA forend and stock, also a Blue Force Vickers Tactical sling, etc.

Yesterday on a trip to Cabelas with my Dad I noticed the Magpul MOE Rail sections, and I had already a new black AFG2 because when I bought the Saiga 12 , I got my Dad the Magpul RVG and AFG2 to let him pick which one. So when he picked the RVG 'regular' fore grip I had the AFG2 to use. I picked up the 11 section MOE Rail for my 870 SGA handguard, and added it to the shotgun as you can see. (its a pain in the head to get the rail on, then you realize you can't the the AFG2 because it won't angle onto the rail, so you have to remove everything and start again, sheesh).

Also I picked up the Low-sized Cheek Riser kit, which actually comes with TWO add on cheek risers. I used the higher of the two in the low kit. You might want the High kit if you were say scoping the rifle for slug use etc. But I did think it was really nice they included two sizes per kit so you can further customize.

well Anyway you can check it out. My 870 now is like absolutely customized to my preferences and needs, I love it. Love it.

\img2287bm.jpg

img2282g.jpg

img2281qk.jpg

If you're used to pushing forward on the forend when shooting to compensate for recoil, your index finger is going to get so banged up when it smacks up against the front part of the AFG. I did that on my Mossberg 500 and looked cool and all, but it only lasted about 5 shots of slugs before I had to rip it out.

If you're used to pushing forward on the forend when shooting to compensate for recoil, your index finger is going to get so banged up when it smacks up against the front part of the AFG. I did that on my Mossberg 500 and looked cool and all, but it only lasted about 5 shots of slugs before I had to rip it out.

You know I just wanted to say, you're actually right on there. I did not really see this before nor pay attention and am not sure if I push forward or anything like that... But, I did notice... man. Terrible using the AFG and shooting. We took out the new Saiga 12 yesterday and in between messing with it and the 17 new mags :) we had to play with, I also brought the new 870 TacMag for a little additional breaking in. Absolutely terrible using the AFG on it, really mashes your hand. I am not the biggest guy in the world, so maybe a muscle man might be able to manhandle the gun a little different and be fine.... But I am not one of those...And man, after maybe two full-mags of the 870, hand was mashed and hurtin. definitely came off.

You were totally right, maybe others will take notice man. I believe in credit where credit is due and all that, and what you said is absolutely true.