robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

Finally finished her off with the FFT Titanium 3/4" handle and the Bennelli/Mepro tritium sights. Next week be taking her to the range to make sure she's sighted in...

Gotta say... She is a dream to handle. I think my 308 kicks harder. I know my 590 kicks harder but then again, she's lighter.

Glad you took the dot off the gun, it is useless. have you thought about their larger charging handles?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Hey I wanted to post a few more pics of my new 870... So as many know I have the 870 (Express) Tactical. .. to which I added the Magpul SGA forend and stock, also a Blue Force Vickers Tactical sling, etc.

Yesterday on a trip to Cabelas with my Dad I noticed the Magpul MOE Rail sections, and I had already a new black AFG2 because when I bought the Saiga 12 , I got my Dad the Magpul RVG and AFG2 to let him pick which one. So when he picked the RVG 'regular' fore grip I had the AFG2 to use. I picked up the 11 section MOE Rail for my 870 SGA handguard, and added it to the shotgun as you can see. (its a pain in the head to get the rail on, then you realize you can't the the AFG2 because it won't angle onto the rail, so you have to remove everything and start again, sheesh).

Also I picked up the Low-sized Cheek Riser kit, which actually comes with TWO add on cheek risers. I used the higher of the two in the low kit. You might want the High kit if you were say scoping the rifle for slug use etc. But I did think it was really nice they included two sizes per kit so you can further customize.

well Anyway you can check it out. My 870 now is like absolutely customized to my preferences and needs, I love it. Love it.

img2287bm.jpg

img2282g.jpg

img2281qk.jpg

Have you shot with your afg2? Just wondering if the full stock prevents it from smashing into your finger on recoil. I took my Mossberg 500 to the range last week and came away with one sore pointer finger. I just have the pistol grip on it for now until either magpie delivers their stock for the 500 or I find a good deal on the ATI Scorpion.

Yeah it sucked , I'm not sure if it was you? or another gentleman? that said I would not like it , I did not read that until I went out, then came back to say it was true... Yeah really tough, Was not really any positive and a bunch of negatives ... But really no harm no foul- I didn't really buy it for this gun,,, I bought the AFG2 and a RVG at the same time and let my father pick which he liked for the new Saiga 12, he picked the regular styled RVG so initially I said, fine, AFG2 will go on our AK when I get to it as a project.... And exactly like what happened with an extra Aimpoint Micro I had bought years back, it was sitting around, I said, why not at least Try It on the new 870... And it wasn't so great, indeed did smash my hand up. Now when I bought two Aimpoint Micros, used one on an AR and one for the 15-22, but was waiting for a mount, I threw it on my M930SPX and it was one of the best firearms decisions I ever made, its almost like cheating , 'target acquistion' is amazingly fast and actual aiming/bullseye'ing with buckshot is just filthy. And I would never have known had I not just said, "Well its here, it doesn't hurt to try...."

So I would definitely agree with the person who initially said it would not work out, yeah, it was not comfortable nor controllable for me at all. let the record reflect, I'm no means a muscle man -- Someone 6' and 200+ lbs. might have absolutely no problem using the AFG/2 with the recoil of a shotgun. That is not me so it came right off.

That's like 10-15lb of ammo? Your poor back!

it actually doesn't feel that bad when you sling it. Not bad at all. I'm also a big dude so it's not really an issue for me, although the other one (55 rounder) is much easier to move around with.

Mossberg 500 p/n 54129 with Insight forend light. Added the Blackhawk Knoxx Gen II stock, Mesa Tactical Shotshell Holder and Rail, and Laserlyte V3.

can you still use the front sight for aiming?

can you still use the front sight for aiming?

Not really, if I need to aim precisely, then the laser needs to be on. However, the forend light beam center is close enough for the distances within my home.

My H&R pardner is getting there.

image_zpscd476333.jpg

image_zps99993532.jpg

Pretty cool!

How do you like the ghost ring/heat shield apparatus?

That always piqued my interest before I got a standard ghost ring setup.

Did you give any consideration to a "Birdseye" type grip vs the pistol?

One_Crazy_Dude

I'd dump the heat shield/sight setup. The sights are plastic and don't assist you at all in aiming. Just keepin it real my friend.

BTW, I bought more junk for shotguns than anyone else here so I kinda know what is worth the money and what is not.

Alright ray cheapest/not crap ghost rings for my 930? Thanks bro

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

You don't need them, you have the bead sight? That's all you need. It will cover you for shotgun distances.

I was hoping they were cheap enough instead off putting one of the big dots on

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Get a big dot, it's what is on 2 of my Mossy's. You will not be disappointed.

I grew up under the AR platform which is why when I found these impossible to find stock conversions I built

It up with AR parts. True it maybe heavier than my 870 express which is the plain Jane one factory stock. It feels to flimsy and underbuilt compared to the 870 police magnum. The slide action kinda sucks actually.

I don't mind the weight and love these to death. It would take a big amount of cash to part with either of these

I know strictly use the iron sights for it. The eo tech now lives on one of my two new AR builds

One can never have enough toys

Remmy 870Ps. Original

Brobee. Argonaut armament pistol grip and rail conversions. Eotech. Yhm buis. Original knights 870 rail. Wilson combat doodads.surefire foreend. Soon to be converted to LED as sometimes the recoil just pops the bulbs. Thoughts opinions threats. Lol