hopper

First Valley Forge Gun show

Went to VF gun show last night , was my first time there , was pretty cool , friday was definitely a good night to go was really empty and i got to look around at all the cool stuff , i think ive said this before in other posts but it amazises me how the next state over is so laxed about gun control , really makes you think how anti-gun we are in this state , so if your headin up there today enjoy !!!

bring any goodies home?

anything stand out to you?

still deciding whether i can squeeze the show into my schedule on Sunday.

Besides the guy arguing with the gun store cause he was rejected when the store called for his background and he didnt want to pay the fee and the guy trying to sell me a rebel flag stun-gun cause he had to many left from a show down south nothin really popped out but im sure if you were looking for something special youd prob find it there , so in the end i bought some paper targets and a couple boxes of ammo but i think the expierience is worth the trip

Besides the guy arguing with the gun store cause he was rejected when the store called for his background and he didnt want to pay the fee and the guy trying to sell me a rebel flag stun-gun cause he had to many left from a show down south nothin really popped out but im sure if you were looking for something special youd prob find it there , so in the end i bought some paper targets and a couple boxes of ammo but i think the expierience is worth the trip

The stungun guy was a whacko. I told him they are illegal in NJ anyway. He said something about them not being illegal on the outskirts of the town. I was like.. Uh NJ is a state not a town.

The stungun guy was a whacko. I told him they are illegal in NJ anyway. He said something about them not being illegal on the outskirts of the town. I was like.. Uh NJ is a state not a town.

He was thinking Philadelphia. Illegal in both NJ and Philly. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......close.

You know what i did see and like but unfortunately in the State of New Germany we cant use them is the concealed carry holsters from N82TACTICAL , the guy and his wife make them , really nice craftsmanship and if you can CC like my buddy from PA can they are worth the money , i believe the website is www.n82tactical.com

Just came back from the show with HuntingPaper.

Some great deals on primers and powder. Mediocre to high pricing on everything else.

A ton of Arisaka's at this show. A ton of M1D's for high prices... Overall, the $9 addmission was worth saving $20 on primers.

Picked up 5k CCI small pistol for $111 otd and an Ergo grip for an AR.

Talked to the upper guy from Precision tech, and got a first hand look at assembling an upper. Pretty neat if you ask me.

Will let huntingpaper fill in on what he bought.

I just got back. Bought some 7.62x39 and 7.62x54, 2 mags for my Zastava, and a MOLLE capable vest with a couple mag pouches. I was TRYING to buy an AR lower for $80 total, but decided to leave after they couldnt get the background check phone calls to go through. It was total BS if you ask me, I waited around for five hours and it still "wasnt working". I was talking to a guy who said this normally happens when they have gun shows. Yea, great idea, lets stop people from LEGALLY purchasing a firearm.....really felt like some petty crap that NJ would pull.

Who was selling lowers for 80 OTD? What kind of lowers?

As far as nics being down... eh, it happens. Cant stress about it. It is out of anyone's control. At least they can do NICS outside of NJ on Sundays. lol.

Yeah imagine if it was JERSEY and you already paid the first set of permit fees , wait up to 4 months for the permits to come in and you go and pick out the gun you want and they call and NICS is down , wouldnt that be a pisser !! Atleast PA is a one shot deal , only having to call at time of purchase !!!

hopper,

That happens all the time... in jersey. Nics is down or you cant get through. You just come back, or better yet, have the ffl run nics ahead of time once they know you.

I guess ive been lucky with that so far but thanks for the heads up in case it ever does happen to me so i can keep my cool !!!! lol !!!!!

Who was selling lowers for 80 OTD? What kind of lowers?

Honestly, I forget the brand. I would remember the brand if I saw it.....Comp something sounds familiar. When you walk in the front door and walk straight down the middle aisle all the way to the back, they are the first table on the left. Not that it matters anymore. But they were asking $65 for it, with tax and $10 for the paperwork it came to $79 and some change. Really disappointed that I couldnt get it.

How much was that 7.62x54R ammo?

I only saw one can of surplus ammo, and they were asking some outrageous price like $140-$160 for it. I ended up picking up 50 rounds of non-corrosive brass casing for $30. It wasnt the best deal, but it was either that or order corrosive stuff, I figured what the hell since I wasnt able to buy the stripped receiver.

All in all it was definitely a fun experience, I just REALLY wish I could have taken home that lower...next option is an $80 Spikes tactical from AIM, and after transfer Im looking at $140....