Sign in to follow this  
raceruss2003

Tac Trigger

Yesterday at the VFGS I saw a device called the TAC Trigger. Basically it was a little metal piece that you attach to your trigger guard of any semi-auto that will help you "bump trigger" your gun to shoot faster. They were on sale for $50 but after I saw it I opted not to go for it. It looked pretty flimsy and made of a poor casting. Does anyone have any experience with this on their AR? My initial thought was I'd hate to put something on the gun that might be unreliable or actually jam the trigger if it broke.

Yesterday at the VFGS I saw a device called the TAC Trigger. Basically it was a little metal piece that you attach to your trigger guard of any semi-auto that will help you "bump trigger" your gun to shoot faster. They were on sale for $50 but after I saw it I opted not to go for it. It looked pretty flimsy and made of a poor casting. Does anyone have any experience with this on their AR? My initial thought was I'd hate to put something on the gun that might be unreliable or actually jam the trigger if it broke.

got a link that describes how it works?

Why even? Unless you're shooting on private property, most ranges don't even allow for bump firing. Beyond the novelty, its just... a novelty.

This is one of the few times when I'm going to say something outright, and it might be offensive. Bump firing is stupid. It wastes time, it destroys the point of marksmanship, and beyond the initial few magazines, its expensive. This device, I'm sure, does absolutely nothing except assist somehow in bump firing (which means its really a waste of money as most just use a rubber band).

Also remember one of the safety rules of firearms:

"Be sure of your target, and of what is beyond it."

That makes bump firing unsafe and the shooter negligent.

As for shooting rapidly in a controlled manner, that's completely different.

This worked a little different in the fact that you could maintain 3 points of contact and the gun acted just like a full-auto as opposed to bump firing from the hip.

http://www.fastfire.biz/super-tac.htm

Are you serious? this is a joke, its a piece of plastic that mounts to the trigger guard to make you shoot almost full auto? I'll pass, and so should you. This screams, "hey, this might be illegal, come look!" Even if it's totally legal, it's just dumb.

No I didn't get it. I work for medical device contract manufacturing companies and this was so far below the quality I am used to it's not funny. If it was made with better quality then I would give it a try.

Note...the guy who was selling it told me that it is legal because you do not modify the internal trigger mechanisms as that is banned under NJ law. He was stating it kinda like a loop hole device.