Sign in to follow this  
imperialfish

Ex-NJIT police officer charged with assault weapon

great now they are arresting themselves..

And if he had been given a Pass, you'd be bitching about a "Protected Class"..... That said looks like he's screwed for the AK...unless the stock is pinned..nevermind what LOOKS like a GSG with the HK stock...the one on the end has an orange tip so im assuming it's airsoft, and what he was allegedly shooting out of his vehicle. Dumbass. Play Stupid Games, win Stupid Prizes. it's been said again, and again, and again, ad nauseum that WE ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM THE AWB when it comes to non work-related firearms.

• Like 2

"was initially arrested on Aug. 29 after he was seen firing a gun out of the sun roof of his car while driving by 515 Jackson St., police said."

I wonder if it was the airsoft in the pic he was "seen firing"? Just like those two kids seen with assault weapons:

http://www.nj.com/independentpress/index.ssf/2010/09/chatham_police_scramble_on_mac.html

Also, why is there a bow on the table? Even if his guns were taken away, wouldn't the bow still be legal? Is it for a scarier effect for the press pictures or is that an assault bow?

What an idiot. They should pull his pension for being so stupid, if he even has a pension being that he is only 32.

Thread jack ...

I am against the low pension age for LEO's that's like 15 years less (in most towns) than the average joe like you and me. Granted some cop jobs are dangerous and all that, but most are not. Categorize jobs with commensurate pay, like in real business! For example, I know a fat cop (really out of shape with a turkey chin! a prison guard) in Woodbridge that retired at age 50 and is getting ~60% of his regular pay!:icon_e_surprised: We, the taxpayers are footing the bill for them. That simply irritates me. What have they done? Guarded a minimum security prison! Doh.

Either set the retirement age based on real function/role (i.e., what they are expected to do, and it should be voted on by the town folk), or have the same retirement age as the rest of us.

• Like 2

A lot of jobs are dangerous ,heck walking out the front door of your home can be dangerous. No one forces anyone to be a police officer. Their pay and pension should be in line with the private sector.

Plus I think they should wear pink uniforms instead of blue.

• Like 2

Must also be an NJIT student, you know what a bunch of dopes they are.... :icon_lol:

As a former NJIT student, I resemble that remark. :-)

I do agree with you though, I keep in touch with some current undergrads from time to time, and it's amazing they don't forget to breathe.

Also, found this bit of commentary as well.

http://www.firearmstruth.com/2010/nj-com-notes-arrest-of-former-njit-police-officer#more-3147

Thread jack ...

I am against the low pension age for LEO's that's like 15 years less (in most towns) than the average joe like you and me. Granted some cop jobs are dangerous and all that, but most are not. Categorize jobs with commensurate pay, like in real business! For example, I know a fat cop (really out of shape with a turkey chin! a prison guard) in Woodbridge that retired at age 50 and is getting ~60% of his regular pay!:icon_e_surprised: We, the taxpayers are footing the bill for them. That simply irritates me. What have they done? Guarded a minimum security prison! Doh.

Either set the retirement age based on real function/role (i.e., what they are expected to do, and it should be voted on by the town folk), or have the same retirement age as the rest of us.

The 60% pension plan is because Corrections Officers are under the Fire and Police pension plan for NJ, so they get the same pension as any police officer or fireman. Its a 25 and out program, you serve 25 years and you are out.

I do have to disagree on your comment about "guarding a minimum security prison". Even minimum security prisons, there is about one CO for ~30+ inmates. CO's have an EXTREMELY rough job.

Thread jack ...

Well said, Radek. To back up what you said, here are the ten most dangerous jobs in America, in order of on-the-job fatalities, adjusted by deaths per 100,000 so that jobs that are more numerous do not skew the statistics. Law enforcement is not even in the top ten. Far more people are killed every year doing farm work, milling grain, commercial fishing, and installing roofing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/110394/americas-10-most-dangerous-jobs

the streets are safer because alot of weapons were taken from one man?, Many chiefs would like to empty all our safes, this chief sounds dangerous as well as the person with too much time on their hands shooting from a sunroof, maybe he was training for blackwater, not.

Uhhhh, WELCOME TO NJ! Home of... what do you need a gun for?

So the SAR-1 is not on the named list. I guess they are getting him for the collapsible stock (that's if it isn't pinned?)?

If it is pinned, maybe one of those stocks in the back fits it also, such as what looks to be a folder back there. If you have the gun + folding/collapsible stock in your possession, not necessarily installed still counts as an AW.

I mean the guy should be in big trouble for firing out of his vehicle in a city that most likely has discharge ordinances... but to face a AW charge... ouch.

Not to mention how scary it is that many people on these forums have way more impressive EBR collections than this guy... who are they going to go after AW charges next?

Thread jack ...

Your talking about one Corrections Officer out of how many in the U.S? Thats not even the point. If its so easy why don't you apply for the position?

I don't mean to be combative or rude but what you're saying is a bit disrespectful towards the rest of the law enforcement community and what they have to deal with on a daily basis. If your going to be so "irritated" about a situation like this then be irritated about the guys that are in prison. They're the ones that we the "taxpayers are footing the bill for."

Hey Brother,

Don't worry about it. It's always the Cops' fault...Those poor residents(inmates is such a condescending term) of the states correctional facilities are nothing more then biproducts of thier difficult upbringing. But those Police, and worse yet jail guards(Corrections Officer is too professional a term for their ilk), they are taking advantage of, ney raping, the poor citizens of New Jersey. They are stealing food from the mouths of our children! Their jobs aren't really dangerous, and they don't offer any real protection. It's all just smoke and mirrors for a bunch of glorified tax collectors taking advantage of little old us. That's why so many of us on this forum will take advantage of any, and I mean any, even the most minuscule opportunity, to try and twist a thread into the opportunity to voice our disgust with those disgusting folks in uniform, and have a bash fest...It doesn't matter whether there is the slightest speck of reason involved, or that I really was speeding when that tax collector wrote me a ticket, or was drunk and stupid when I got picked up, or have invested a ton into looking and acting like a scumbag and then take offense when they don't greet me with a warm welcoming hug...Hell, it doesn't even matter if an Admin comes out in a thread and warns folks to knock off the Cop bashing...We still take every chance we can to post something negative about the Police forces...cause you know...we'd be so much better off without them...If those Cops would just leave us alone and let all of us walk around with our arsenals in plain view(cause you know THEY are really the ones stopping us...not the corrupt politicians who pass the laws) and then maybe go arrest some real criminals...This would be a better place. You know even though most of us have zero experience doing any real aspect of their job(I was a security guard at the mall for a short time, so I am well aware of exactly what it's like to be a cop), we all have a bunch of ideas to do it better, and we could all do it all much better then them...I say down with all Police in America! Let the citizens defend themselves...My Grandma, God rest her soul was plenty tough enough to defend her homestead into her eighties, and my six year old daughter can kick lots of butt, so who needs em...Who's with me!

Respectfully,

Harry