tuktuk

need advice on 2X Red Dot

when u google this kind of topics and spend couple of days readin reviews it usually confuses u even more 8) i only trust u guys 8) SOOOO

im looking to buy a 2X Red Dot to put on a rifle up to 7.62mm . ideally want to spend from around $100 to $150 max

any intel is appreciated. Thank you

I don't know if you want this red dot for plinking or SHTF. If it's just for plinking, I have a 1X Tasco Propoint that cost about $85 at Opticsplanet.com. It has been on my AR, 44Mag Marlin Lever gun, 357Mag Marlin Lever gun, Ruger PC9 9mm carbine, and M&P 15-22 now. It functions reliably and does not lose zero on any of them (and the lever guns have decent recoil). Although it has never malfunctioned, I don't know that I would want it to be forced to trust my life to it. If that is the type of optic you want, the folks here with more upscale optics can better help you (but I would expect to be paying a few hundred dollars for it).

I have a tru glo that I bought off of Ray Ray and I like it. Sits on my daughters 15-22. Your welcome to try it out if you wanna swing by the range.

thank you very much.

did u ever put it on any rifles with larger caliber, such as 5.56mm and 7.62mm ?

7.62-what?

I know im just being a prick here for the most part but to get the point across,

7.62x25? 7.62x38r? 7.62x33? 7.62x39? 7.62x51? 7.62x54r? 7.62x63?

It would be like asking advice on how to adjust a scope at 100 yards for a .22. 22 what? .223? .22lr? .22 short? .22-250? and so on

I think your refering to x39 since I see you on the AK forums, and assuming that, the recoil isnt that bad and most decent budget red dots should hold up to it fine. Now, if its a 7.62x63 (30-06) then I wouldnt be so sure! I have a tru-glo on my 10/22 and it pretty solid. But thats just a .22, however I wouldnt be hesitant to try it on something with a little more oomph

You can go on midway and read all the reviews on the different red dots.

7.62-what?

I know im just being a prick here for the most part but to get the point across,

7.62x25? 7.62x38r? 7.62x33? 7.62x39? 7.62x51? 7.62x54r? 7.62x63?

It would be like asking advice on how to adjust a scope at 100 yards for a .22. 22 what? .223? .22lr? .22 short? .22-250? and so on

I think your refering to x39 since I see you on the AK forums, and assuming that, the recoil isnt that bad and most decent budget red dots should hold up to it fine. Now, if its a 7.62x63 (30-06) then I wouldnt be so sure! I have a tru-glo on my 10/22 and it pretty solid. But thats just a .22, however I wouldnt be hesitant to try it on something with a little more oomph

You can go on midway and read all the reviews on the different red dots.

you are correct my friend. i am refereeing to 7.62x39. which truglo do you have?