Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

What to do.......

I am having a major debate with myself lately and don't know what to do. I am debating on selling off some of the collection to upgrade to better things. I am going to stay milsurp oriented, but am thinking on selling off some of the bolt stuff for some more Garands. I am thinking on getting another M1D and not touching it. Just leaving it in the cosmo and letting it sit in the safe for a rainy day. Also, in the spring the CMP is getting some m1c's. Those are rarer than rare. Now I have a bunch of the creme'de la creme' when it comes to bolt stuff, but I am not sure what I want to do. I have about 4 numbers matching bringback Mausers and a bunch of true unissued Russian m44's in the mummy wrap from the arsenal. Then I got enfields, I have a couple unissued enfields including a Savage No4 still in the arsenal wrap. But my problem is, is it worth selling off some of the cherry stuff to get some more Garand snipers? What would you do?

I say.............FOCUS ....FOCUS..........FOCUS..............

Get rid of all of the extra stuff ..............Keep one of each if you really want to .............and concentrate on the Garand Variants...........use the Visa Cash Card for just ammo and/or accessories but finance your next trip from the milsurp extras.

At least you ll have to buy 1 type of ammo...............................

I've been going through the same thing recently. Definitely gonna sell one, but don't know about the other 2 or 3 I'm thinking about selling. Personally, I think that if you have more than one of a particular gun then it wouldn't hurt your collection to sell one of them.

For me, Garands are an investment(the CMP ones). i got 10 so far this year and if by early Dec. dont see the release of any M1c, i will order couple more HRA(12 is the limit for the year). My goal is 10-12 Garands/ year from CMP for the next 5 yrs. When they release the M1c for sale, i would like to get at least a 5-6 of them cause you will never see them again at CMP prices.

I will also start selling my Mosin's except the Finn's and the Mosin sniper. For me Russian Mosins are great but i can see my self only collecting Finns.

The k98's are a must to any collection, especially a bring back. Enfields, you need to have at least one of them.

And since i bought my stuff from a lot of estates, i start using the Gun Safe software so in case something happens to me, my wife will know how much i pay and what are worth now. It happen in front of me (at FFL store in south jersey) when a lady brought a M1D Garand (with the scope), SVT38, G33/40 and couple bolt action hunting rifles and she got $500 for all of them.

I am having a major debate with myself lately and don't know what to do. I am debating on selling off some of the collection to upgrade to better things. I am going to stay milsurp oriented, but am thinking on selling off some of the bolt stuff for some more Garands. I am thinking on getting another M1D and not touching it. Just leaving it in the cosmo and letting it sit in the safe for a rainy day. Also, in the spring the CMP is getting some m1c's. Those are rarer than rare. Now I have a bunch of the creme'de la creme' when it comes to bolt stuff, but I am not sure what I want to do. I have about 4 numbers matching bringback Mausers and a bunch of true unissued Russian m44's in the mummy wrap from the arsenal. Then I got enfields, I have a couple unissued enfields including a Savage No4 still in the arsenal wrap. But my problem is, is it worth selling off some of the cherry stuff to get some more Garand snipers? What would you do?

after thinking about collect-ability, I think the Garands have a higher value. Especially getting one from the CMP. I think it would benefit the collection in the long run to sell off some of the doubles that I have of the more common stuff and start picking up some more M1's. SOOOOOO, maybe next time I am home I will start posting some stuff. I think I will hold on to the rarer stuff like the bringbacks and mummy wrap stuff, but some of the more common stuff may be going bye-bye.

If you start selling off your lower end stuff you'll having nothing to play with. You won't want to work on the high end stuff let alone shoot it. You have to keep some lower end stuff dude!