Jon

$500 CCW - would you?

142 members have voted

1. 1. If you could carry a concealed weapon for a price of $500, would you do it?

• Yes, I would pay the $500.
    • I could afford the price, but wouldn't do it out of principal.
    • I couldn't afford to spend that much just for a CCW permit.
    • I like pie.

See: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18784-nj-senator-pushes-law-to-carry-handguns/

Obviously we're all upset by this bill, pushing for an unbelievably high price to carry in NJ. I'm curious how many people would actually pay it though?

Guest megaman

See: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18784-nj-senator-pushes-law-to-carry-handguns/

Obviously we're all upset by this bill, pushing for an unbelievably high price to carry in NJ. I'm curious how many people would actually pay it though?

I would pay it for sure. Hell yes. I know the price would come down. If you cant find $500 bucks in this state, which is dripping with money...well then...

I doubt it will be $500 when all is said and done, but the high price tag has the liberals thinking about the revenue.

The other option for NJ is to have its law go to court, lose the 'sniff test' of constitutionality, and then be even more broke trying to defend a lost cause, and having the legislature have carry forced on them via the courts...pick your poison Trenton...

We will prevail in reversing 74 years of hypocrisy in NJ, and it could not happen fast enough in my opinion...

What kind of Pie? If it is Blueberry Cunch I am there.

I would save up to pay, but with the rest of the red tape involved with defending oneself, others, or property... would the jailtime be worth it?

as for the pie. i've never heard of/tried blueberry crunch pie... tell me more... (pm if need be)

that kind of price is kind of an insult to the people of NJ. it's pretty much Trenton saying: "we're gonna charge you an insane amount for a CCW - an unheard of amount in any other state - just because we can/want to"

We had this discussion in chat yesterday.

$500 is too much, and I know it would be dropped down.

Ideally, like FL or other states... up to $150 a year, with a training requirement.

Other annual requirements though, I dont really support beyond basic NRA training.

I am very surprised to see so many "yes" votes. It seems that despite how much they talk and talk, a lot of people in NJ seem to be perfectly comfortable with the "pay to play" system. :facepalm:

I agree, way too many capitulations at the mere hint of getting a scrap from the Govt.

As for the pie, Bob I will have to try that place soon. Blueberry Crunch can be bought from Battleview Orchards in Freehold or Twin Pond Farm in Howell. We have been getting them from Twin Pond the last few years. Sweet, not too tart. They come around Thankgiving and Christmas. must order in advance.

Guest HuntingPaper

We had this discussion in chat yesterday.

$500 is too much, and I know it would be dropped down.

Ideally, like FL or other states... up to $150 a year, with a training requirement.

Other annual requirements though, I dont really support beyond basic NRA training.

Florida is 150 for SEVEN years...

I'm in the "no; based on principles" boat. The whole idea is the most obvious misdirection.

Its a shame that liberty comes taxed now... and considering liberals claim to be so progressive, they sure do stereotype and label with the best of the worst.

Where is the option: "I can afford it but my wife would have a cow if I spent $500/year on CCW" ?

I guess that means I can't afford it. The cost is "above notice" for me.

As others have said, you don't pay for any of the other amendments in the bill of rights, why should you pay for this one?

I suppose you could argue that to gather in large numbers you have to pay the city or town but the cost is just that, cost. Cost of the cops and fees. It's not so high as to discourage the behavior and fatten the larder of the state.

I'm of the opinion that if you got this in place at $500, it wouldn't be but 3 years before it'd go up to $750. You know, it's for the children, the state _NEEDS_ the money, just like cigarette taxes.

• Like 1

Guest schutzen-jager

never fly - bill would discriminate against the economically challenged - same thing was done in the south after the war between the states to keep blacks from owning weapons - would the aclu fight a law like this ?

never fly - bill would discriminate against the economically challenged - same thing was done in the south after the war between the states to keep blacks from owning weapons - would the aclu fight a law like this ?

Probably not, it goes against their Ideology.

Simple question... How much would you "pay" for your right to free speech or your right to worship? Would you expect to have to pay to prevent the quartering of troops in your home? Would you expect to pay to exercise the right against self incrimination?

$500 for the first year to cover background, finger printing, yadda, yadda, yadda I could see them justifying under that Christie. And yes I would pay it.

Granted they should be able to do all this stuff cheaper and by cross-referencing data bases, but this is government and NJ so forget about what you already have in 'the system".Christie is correct in having all programs stand on their own financially. However, this license should be a 5 year type and a 5 year renewal with the renewals being around $75 to $100. For me, it would mean I could do more business in other states and companies that require you to have a CCW in your home state, before the company will put you on their insurance policy to CCW for them.

$500 for the first year to cover background, finger printing, yadda, yadda, yadda I could see them justifying under that Christie. And yes I would pay it.

Granted they should be able to do all this stuff cheaper and by cross-referencing data bases, but this is government and NJ so forget about what you already have in 'the system".Christie is correct in having all programs stand on their own financially. However, this license should be a 5 year type and a 5 year renewal with the renewals being around $75 to $100. For me, it would mean I could do more business in other states and companies that require you to have a CCW in your home state, before the company will put you on their insurance policy to CCW for them.

But the background checks, finger printing, etc. are already done with the FID process. There's no point in charging that much for stuff that's already done and already done a LOT cheaper!

I do agree on the 5 year renewal. If it was $500 for 5 years I'd be ok with it - $100/year isn't bad. $500 for one year is ludicrous.

I'm of the opinion that if you got this in place at $500, it wouldn't be but 3 years before it'd go up to $750. You know, it's for the children, the state _NEEDS_ the money, just like cigarette taxes.

+1. I've seen a few people say it would be good just to get this on paper and then we can fight to get the "fee" lower. Has anyone ever seen any "fee" to the government be reduced?

I want CCW as much as anyone.. but not at this "price". However, I'll take pie any day of the week. Apple cobbler with rum raisin ice cream. Yum.

I agree, way too many capitulations at the mere hint of getting a scrap from the Govt.

As for the pie, Bob I will have to try that place soon. Blueberry Crunch can be bought from Battleview Orchards in Freehold or Twin Pond Farm in Howell. We have been getting them from Twin Pond the last few years. Sweet, not too tart. They come around Thankgiving and Christmas. must order in advance.

Simple_Simpson.jpg