kickup

Looking to buy hi-capacity 45...opinions please

The STI's are hang built steel guns. ready for every day use and built to withstand competitive use. For most, it will probably be overkill, however, if you like the 1911 design and want a double stack, this is what you have.

Or... if you want a good balance...

Get a STI Spartan in a 45, and get some 10 round 1911 magazines... For around $700, you have a terrific 1911.

Agreed! As I am an owner of 3 STI's and know many others, they are really good guns.

So what makes a Glock better? =)

S&W alot more comfy.

Glocks are reliable... but dont fit everyone, nor the most pleasant to shoot.

Glocks are priced better than S&Ws (from what I've seen).

I'm sure Frank (Old School) can chime in on his feelings about Glocks. :-)

I agree, but why skimp?

Glock is the standard by which all are measured... they were the first of the plastic fantastics, and are still at the top.

The real question is: why pay more?

I learned a lot about pistols in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=97679

New Sigs are not as good as old Sigs, XDs don't have a good rep in the pro firearms community, S&W is good but more expensive than a Glock... HK is just highway robbery.

Granted, it's your dollar to spend, but you did ask for our opinions...

Really?

Did I miss a super popular gun that is as widely available and has as long of a history? The XD, S&W (from the M&P to the Sigma Series), Berreta PX series, all followed the Glock. Hell, S&W practically copied the Glock design in their first outing and had to settle out of court over it.

Glock is the standard by which all are measured... they were the first of the plastic fantastics, and are still at the top.

I learned a lot about pistols in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=97679

New Sigs are not as good as old Sigs, XDs don't have a good rep in the pro firearms community, S&W is good but more expensive than a Glock... HK is just highway robbery.

I understand that glock might be the "standard", but using that same theory, why would anyone buy a 1911 that is not an original or exact copy of the same? So all the refinements that were made to the 1911 to make it better and far superior than the original is a waste? So the beavertail, adjustable sights, ambi safety, 1 piece guide rod, are all rubbish? You can buy an 1911 GI model clone for little money. Or would you rather spend a few more and in some cases thousands more for a quality 1911? I like glocks, and I have one, but if I was looking for a firearm in the plastic fantastic category, I would consider all of them (except H&K) and purchase one that I felt would suit me best for my needs.

Just to really confuse the issue, I found this for sale...

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/8740036422?r=8740036422#8740036422

Have something that few people have. Exclusivity/Uniqueness always appeals to me, especially when it is from someone with a reputation like Wilson.

For the record, I know nothing about these. Wilson has tried poly-framed firearms several times (believe there is a current one in his line), but I don't think they met with much success.

Just thought I'd stir the pot a bit.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Just to really confuse the issue, I found this for sale...

Pizza Bob

To really add to the confusion, if I was in the market for a plastic fantastic (which I might be) I would pick this up.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766367_-1_757955_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

15 round mags, perfect for home defense and competition. Could be used in production, L-10, limited, steel matches with light loads.

I just threw up in my mouth with that comment.

I would take an XD, an M&P, any sig, any hk, any beretta over a tupperwear box with a brick of a grip with which I need a padded glove to shoot so it does not hurt.

Yes... glocks are reliable and all, but get off the Kool-aid.

Btw.... because I was just enlightened that I am stupid to pay for H&K, and how Glocks are superior.... I am going to have a few guns listed in the marketplace....

Hk-45, Baby Eagle 45 and XD 45 I am going to sell to get a Glock 21.

2 Browning High Powers, a Smith 1911 Pro Series, and an Hk P30l because a Glock 19 is by far a better handgun.

And I will sell a few 22lr's so that I can get a 22lr conversion kit for the glock and some ghetto night sights. :icon_rolleyes:

I would take an XD, an M&P, any sig, any hk, any beretta over a tupperwear box with a brick of a grip with which I need a padded glove to shoot so it does not hurt.

I tend not to drink kool-aid.

If I can ever get my money tree to produce, I would get a M&P 40 pro.

That being said, you are more than welcomed to try out my glock. Far from stock, no glove required.

Ronny,

I have owned a few glocks and shot a few of the later ones... they arent bad. My issue is when someone just states that anyone who buys anything but a glock is either a moron or wastes money.

And of course I trust your non stock glock is an enjoyable experience. :icon_mrgreen:

Btw.... because I was just enlightened that I am stupid to pay for H&K, and how Glocks are superior.... I am going to have a few guns listed in the marketplace....

2 Browning High Powers, a Smith 1911 Pro Series, and an Hk P30l because a Glock 19 is by far a better handgun.

And I will sell a few 22lr's so that I can get a 22lr conversion kit for the glock and some ghetto night sights. :icon_rolleyes:

Well it's about time!

Ronny,

I have owned a few glocks and shot a few of the later ones... they arent bad. My issue is when someone just states that anyone who buys anything but a glock is either a moron or wastes money.

And of course I trust your non stock glock is an enjoyable experience. :icon_mrgreen:

Just as long as I don't use those crappy Wolf primers.

I understand that glock might be the "standard", but using that same theory, why would anyone buy a 1911 that is not an original or exact copy of the same? So all the refinements that were made to the 1911 to make it better and far superior than the original is a waste? So the beavertail, adjustable sights, ambi safety, 1 piece guide rod, are all rubbish? You can buy an 1911 GI model clone for little money. Or would you rather spend a few more and in some cases thousands more for a quality 1911? I like glocks, and I have one, but if I was looking for a firearm in the plastic fantastic category, I would consider all of them (except H&K) and purchase one that I felt would suit me best for my needs.

They go into 1911s in that thread... they're great, but also a 100 year old design. Take that FWIW.

I was looking at the SD .45 ACP Light double action only pistol a couple of weeks ago with a 13 rd. mag. Salesman allowed us to dry fire it a few times, and the action did feel sweet. Have to get a few rounds through it to see how it fires obviously. One I wouldn't mind taking for a spin.

Haha, to each their own. The OP did ask for opinions... :icon_e_wink:

Once again...thanks for all the ideas and opinions...I started with three good choices and now have five or six good choices...definately going in the wrong direction to make a decision LOL... and best of all.. I seem to have really stirred the pot for a few of you and I did not set to do that.... I love a place where I can innocently rile things up.. Will let you all know when I do decide