Guest HuntingPaper

Powder for .223

I like Accurate 2230. It's a ball powder and meters through a measure accurately. I've been using it for over 20 years so I obviously am satisfied with results. It also works well in 308 Win and 30-30 and I've also got decent results with it in 30-06 (although I prefer A4064 for that caliber.

I like to keep around powders that have more than one application. I've found W748 meters well from a powder measure, and I also use W748 in some .30-06 & .308 applications. Varget and H4895 are both excellent multi-use powders as well. I haven't tried H335 yet but I intend to.

I've tried some of the load data listed from the website Handloads.com:

http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=223%20Remington&Weight=All&type=rifle&Order=Powder&Source=

Guest HuntingPaper

Hey Luis- I use W748 it's decent with velocity and accuracy thought I find Varget better. But the reason I use it is it measures more accurately in the Dillon powder measure.

I will try W748 since we have te same taste in handgun ammo reload ;)

Thank you all for the input!

8208 meters really well... better than 4895, however I will say, using the Lee Pro Disk powder measure, or the other Lee Perfect Powder Measure, i have not had any problems.

8208 shooting wise... is a tad bit hot, however is supposed to be more consistent accross the temperature range.

For 308, I still prefer 4895, and Reloader 15, which is a joy to shoot, however in 223, I have had good luck with 8208.

I will be loading some 223 with 308 and see how it does in the tack driver.

TAC is a great all around powder for 308 and 223. I worked up my 223 Match load in Varget and have duplicated in TAC for POI and it is incredibility close to Varget. Meters much better being a ball powder compared to stick and is much cheaper. When I run out of my stock of Varget, I am going back to H4895 and will be buying that in bulk. H4895 and TAC are my stock it deep powders for rifle.

WC844. Surplus military NATO .223 pull down powder crosses with H335 and $85 per 8 lb. Bought 6 last week. If you buy 4 or more 8lb. he pays the Hazmat! That is half of what an 8lb jug of H335 costs!

http://www.hi-techammo.com/hitech.zkb?root&GENMENU61&object-menu6

Do they ship to Jersey? Have you loaded with this yet? I use H335 and this is much cheaper.