Sign in to follow this  
civictuner04

millett scopes

ok well i decided today that barska scopes are p.o.s. up until now i thought it was great value with decent product until i put a millett 4-16 scope on my remington 308. i tried to shoot my 20" rra ar today after shooting the r-700 and i could barely see through the barska not nearly as clear or picture as the millett. well before i order 4 millett scopes for all my guns i dont wanna buy into something that isnt really that good. im looking at buying 3 or 4 scopes and would like to stick with one brand so i can get used to one manufacture and how the operate. what do you guys think? i dont have the coin to buy 4 leupold mark 4 so.....think i wanna get like a 6-25 for my remington 700 in 308, put my current 4-16 on my rra upper 223 20", 1-4(or something close) on the m1a loaded, and a 4-16 on my psl.and my brother is looking for a scope for his r-700 in 270. looking for opinions and reviews thanks guys.

(in the research ive done every scope has people that love it and people that hate it so looking to hear from you guys) thanks again

i would like to be under $500 each one. im not a sniper so its mostly punch paper or fruit....maybe hunting if i ever leave state to hunt. i know military uses 10x scope for shooting people and i under stand that for shooting a person sized target but if im trying to get tight groups aiming and a smaller target/crosshair target to me more magnification makes alot of sense (again to me). i would like to eventually learn to shoot long range 600+ yards with targets at different distances so bdc would probably be good to have or mil dot but more or less looking for opinions. the millett that i have now is a buck gold i believe and i dont like it its a 6-16 and regular crosshairs. i looked at this guys nikon today, was very clear but didnt like the bubble bullet drop bubbles just not for me.

A recomendation in that price range and with very good features would be the SWFA SS 3X9. This is the least expensive scope I know of with a proven track record, FFP, MIL/MIL. Another would be the Bushnell Elite 4200 in roughly the same price range. Im not a fan of fixed powers but would take a higher quality fixed over a lower quality variable in some circumstances.